F12 vs 812 | Page 7 | FerrariChat

F12 vs 812

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by MalibuGuy, Apr 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Stating that car X is better looking than car Z is moot, as we all have different tastes. A lot of people dislike old cars.

2. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I completely agree with you in the case someone tries to impose to others his/her taste and what he/she likes. In the case your post was a reply to my previous one as I think it is, I would like to tell you that I see absolutely nothing wrong about expressing here what one likes. I do it often but I can tell you that when it concerns what I dislike or don't like so much, I always try to express my opinion in a manner which doesn't offend others who have a different preference.

ANOpax, Saad Alajlan and Roland1688 like this.
  3. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Thanks Mario!
    Beautiful comparisons, both cars have their strengths and weaknesses.
    For me though the F12 "wins" every time.

4. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    No Doubt the F12 looks better But for me the tech specs of the 812 makes it a lot
    more desirable especially the 4WS and the handling being a lot more composed
    Helps making the decision to go back to front engine GT a lot more palatable :)

colonels, PhantomCypher and MDEL like this.
  5. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The 812 looks much more impressive and aggressive, especially the front end.

kazuya369 and MDEL like this.
  6. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    Love both the F12 and 812 ... what is amazing though is that with any car the previous model looks very dated as soon as the new model is released, but with these two it’s hard to tell. Quite a testament that the F12 still looks “new”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ANOpax, Nautilus12, subirg and 4 others like this.
  7. 4RE F12

4RE F12 Karting

Apr 19, 2016
    B.C., Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew W.
    Just curious, but given that a concours quality F250 GTO can run easily 30-40+MM USD (1962 F250GTO was sold in 2016 for 55+MM USD - worlds most expensive car) are you familiar with the rebodies that Bob Norwood builds on the F250 SWB and LWB chasis for about 1MM bucks? I understand that they come with an original ferrari engine and chasis etc.... but the body has been laser scanned from the original and the wheels and seats and other parts are usually custom. Apparently they are indistinguishable from the originals, unless you have concours level experience.....

montegoblue likes this.
  8. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I'm not familiar with the rebodies of the F250 SWB but that model is one of my favorites Ferrari classics. I have a certain difficulty in understanding how someone would pay such a big sum for something that isn't completely genuine. In the case of the 250 GTO, because only 39 were built and due to the lines of the car and it's racing heritage with numerous wins, the prices achieved are perfectly stratospheric and that's a market niche just for billionaires.

deltona likes this.
  9. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    A new set of pictures with the F12 Berlinetta and the 812 Superfast side by side. The originals of these individual pictures have all been selected from the various posts left until now in the Ferrarichat official Ferrari F12 and 812 threads.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Avia11 and colonels like this.
  10. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    The last six pictures say it all for me.
    F12!
    :)

forstephan likes this.
  11. dangerdanger

dangerdanger Rookie

Apr 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Danny Dangerous
    Just stopping by to let everyone know (as if anybody cared^^) the 812 just managed to completely grow on me and I'm utterly loving it and planning to get one now. Still kind of prefer that unique f12 rear but the 812 leaves room for a cool sticker or two instead lol

vonbeeler likes this.
  12. joethomas30

joethomas30 Rookie

Nov 29, 2022
    Full Name:
    Joe Thomas
    812 Competizione has entered the chat.

13. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Understood!
    I’ve had mine 2 years and 5000 miles.
    After 30 years of various exotic ownership I will say the 812 is the most epic car I have ever owned in all aspects. I’ve always preferred the mid-rear cars. This has changed everything.
    IT’s nirvana

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

KenU, -K1- and Bundy like this.
  14. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    there is nothing subjective or "matter of taste" about it. with those side by side pics the F12 is clearly the better design. more balanced, more elegant.
    take for example the insectoid look of the 812 front, reminds me of the insect-like Mclaren 720s nose.
    look at the side profile swish/swoop, F12 is like a Nike design whereas the 812 looks like a wet towel being wrung out.
    finally the rear, the F12 looks like bikini bottoms whereas the 812 looks like a turtle shell from the rear.

all factual and not subject to argument :)

Flea7, Beezztie, haithman and 4 others like this.
  15. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
  16. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
  17. CJA

CJA Karting

Nov 3, 2004
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks for putting together the photos. They are both beautiful in their own ways.

18. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I know we are taking SF but my vote is front f12, side and rear-GTS. I think they knocked it out with the rear of the GTS

ryalex and of2worlds like this.
  19. forstephan

forstephan Rookie

Nov 9, 2007
    Los Angeles
    nothing like the DNA of Pininfarina ...
    F12 has it all

ryalex and FLU like this.
  20. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Eilig, Bobby_P, Boomhauer and 9 others like this.
  21. haithman

haithman Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2004
    Silvers and greys really suit the F12

dcmetro and Bundy like this.
  22. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Was that the F12 with the custom furniture leather supplied by the owner for the seats?

23. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    ryalex, Flea7, Caeruleus11 and 2 others like this.
  24. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017