F12 tdf market price thread | Page 18 | FerrariChat

F12 tdf market price thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Nov 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GreenLantern

GreenLantern Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2010
    CA, NV, TX
    I don't see how that's a reasonable counter-point to my statement. :)

"F12 TDF being listed at the same price as an F40" and "458 Speciale Aperta being listed at 50% of the price of an F40" aren't equivalent. :) I'd argue that being 50% the price of an F40 (when the F40 is in the $1.x M range) isn't crazy considering the Speciale Aperta's MSRP is already ~35-40% of the price of an F40.

What's likely more reasonable is that a 458 Speciale Aperta is being listed at X% higher than MSRP, whereas the F12 TDF is being listed at 2x MSRP.

I still maintain that there are a handful of F12 TDFs in the US market that have been sitting around for a while. Granted there have been even more Speciale Apertas sitting for a while too.

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I replied to a generalization with a generalization. Good low mile cars sell for more money. They made 1200ish F40s. I think as a 42 yr old I will see f40s trade for 5M one day. I own an tdf and don't really care where it trades. If it goes back to par so be it. It is materially better than a 599 gto and in my eyes the 599 isn't aging well. They made alot of speciales which is why I brought those up.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

3. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    Does anyone know how to find the owner of the tdf? I'd snap it up asap with the miles because I could drive the crap out of it relatively cheap relative to my 2 low mile cars without losing a couple hundred grand.

4. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Did this car go across at an auction last year? I remember seeing it and thinking it was so blah for a tdf, which is hard to do. I just looked at the pics in the full description - the interior is more blah than the outside!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  6. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
  7. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    They probably know who owns it now!!

8. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    True...I sent them an email but I'd hope dealers aren't just giving out customer info.

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    They will try to broker the deal for you.

10. GreenLantern

GreenLantern Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2010
    CA, NV, TX
    Agreed on all counts. :) And likewise. :)

And yeah, I have to admit, my 599 GTO (which was the first Ferrari I ever owned, actually, and truly started my addiction) isn't aging well. Breaks my heart.

ttforcefed likes this.
  11. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I think the market is getting softer and has done so for a while. 599GTOs have been going lower for almost a year and the million-plus TDFs have been sitting there without selling. There are many good cars here in Europe being offered privately 25% or more below their peak prices: I have seen Countach LP400 Periscopes, 250 Lusso, Porsche 993GT2 and GT2 Evo, 918, McLaren P1. The only things that are doing really well are the F50 (deservedly) and of course the 288GTO. Not sure this is a crash, I think it is a realisation that interest rates will rise, classic cars are not a one-way bet to riches, the market is becoming less liquid and the people who pay the top prices don’t pay them to drive the cars, but to store them. Which is why zero miles means good prices and 3k miles is considered a shed. Personally I think this is healthy. The market needed a clear out and personally I am sick of meeting people who buy million dollar cars and don’t even know where the engine is.
    Also keep in mind that the shift in demographics is happening faster than we think. Technology is creating new wealth among a generation that does not care about driving. I can see it in my children who can’t wait to buy driverless cars, so that they can spend more time chatting to their friends and posting on social media. It cannot be good for a sustained rise in the classic car market.
    As for me, my TDF can go to 50k, I couldn’t care less.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

12. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Why isn't it aging well?

13. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Great post. Ferrari are for DRIVERS and not investors.

I lol'ed at the sentence about your children. If you have a son, not sure he will not try to borrow one of your beasts at 18, at least to catch some chicks ahah

14. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
    of the 2 at auction today, one hammered at 1.045, and the other at 1MM, but the 2nd one didnt sell. that said, several of these cars keep showing up at auction, which makes me think its the owner/dealer bidding on them.

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    can you post the link of the 1.045 car - i cant find it

16. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
  17. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
  18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    no need. thanks for posting. red doesnt do the TDF justice.

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    beat me to it - cool thnx

20. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
    I love that color of red, plus signed by Vettel , I expected a higher price, but that car has crossed the block 3-4x now. Would still love to find a white one!

21. yumaverick

yumaverick Rookie

Jul 1, 2017
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    I’m in the market as well for a tdf. I was hoping that red car didn’t sell today, but it did. I have my eyes on a nice white one and another red one. I’ll keep you guys posted.

22. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
  23. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Agree the market needed (and still needs to some extent) some cleaning.
    Personnally I'd be very happy if the TDF go to 50K, because I'd buy one...

24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Nice the market paid the owner 200k to drive the car 4k miles - good deal!

How many miles on the cars selling in EU in the 600s?

25. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
    one of you want to sell me your cars???I'll pay more than 200 over, haha!

Interesting that the .1 GT3RS went for ~50M over. That car should be MSRP or less, plus the buyer then has to add their premium. What is the sell side fee, 10% also?