F12 tdf market price thread | Page 41 | FerrariChat

F12 tdf market price thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Nov 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Have you actually driven the car ? Please be honest ?

Are you aware something like 99pc of journeys are under 50 miles?

2. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Congrats on the purchase

sampelligrino likes this.
  3. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    I find most people who pour cold water on the Taycan have not driven it

KenU, x z8, 350MH83 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Gives the woke lefty local councils something to do, they are useless at all except banning stuff. So they love banning. Gives an aura of leadership. The incompetence levels and waste in local Govt is mind blowing.

5. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    No, I have not, and never will, absolutely zero interest in EVs, less than zero, though I did once drive a Model S at a friend's request (it was their car). I

Maybe we are thinking differently here, for a daily driver (short drives here and there) maybe it is the right car for some (there are lots of EVs in Austin, go outside the city 50 miles, there are not so many if any can be found at all). For others, not.

I can easily drive 200 miles when out for fun, and that 'fun' would certainly be lessened if I had to "manage the car's battery". This is why I almost never see any EV on a long journey and the only time I did they were creeping along at 45mph trying to get to their destination before the battery was exhausted, they were at least 30 miles from the closest EV public charger, do not know if they made it as I passed them at 70mph (posted speed) after getting stuck behind them for a few miles (quite the train of cars behind them).

wrs likes this.
  6. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Congratulations on your beautiful silver TDF, welcome to the club.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Stock tire is Pirelli Corsa specially developed for TDF. I find it drives great. Just saying these are precision machines and respond best with a correct alignment.

Solid State and sampelligrino like this.
  8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    OMG!!
    :eek:
    I am so blown away, so happy for you Sam!!
    Beautiful, just beautiful.
    I wish I had the balls to buy one.

9. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Haha thanks man :D

This just ended up being a shoot first and ask questions later type of deal as the clock was winding down..

Tough to argue with an 812 if you like mileage (like we both do), but if you find THE one, I'd say go for it!

ryalex, italiafan and Caeruleus11 like this.
  10. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    The 812 is great but the TDF is on another level as you will discover. Basically imagine if the 812 had RACE RACE RACE + + + mode and what feels like 400lbs less ballast. The engine “feels” (I cant describe it otherwise) in a way that reminds me very much of the vintage V12 engines. The sound is much more fruity than that of the 812- many more frequencies- it may not be much louder, but the quality of the tones are incredible. A real high water mark for Ferrari in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

11. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Lots of engineering went into the motor specs>
    The tdF coupe's 6.3-liter V-12 makes 770 hp and 520 lb-ft of torque 39 hp and 12 lb-ft more than the standard car.
    Deleting the 65 degree 6.3 liter V-12 engine's intake plenum resonators helps reduce weight. Meanwhile, the airbox capacity has been increased and larger throttle bodies have been installed for the redesigned intake manifold, which features hydraulic actuators to adjust trumpet height based on engine rpm. The hydraulic tappets have been replaced with racing-style flat tappets for more lift and therefore better airflow. The flat tappets are one of the details that give this V-12 it's unique sound characteristics.
    Bore and stroke measure 94 mm and 75.2 mm, respectively, while compression ratio is 13.5:1 and redline is set at 8,900 rpm. Peak power is achieved at 8,500 rpm, while peak torque is achieved at 6,750 rpm. Ferrari says that 80 percent of torque is available at 2,500 rpm. Just some of the details that make this tdF motor special.
    With the increased power and overall vehicle weight reduced by 243 pounds, Ferrari says the F12 TDF can reach 62 mph in just 2.9 seconds. That's quicker than the standard 731-hp F12 Berlinetta, which Ferrari estimates hits 62 in 3.1 seconds.

Bundy, Caeruleus11, 500drvr and 2 others like this.
  12. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    F12TdF engine is a wonderful version of the F140 design. Should be noted that the 812 intake trumpets are infinitely variable like the LaF but the F12TdF has only two settings. Also, solid tappets don't hold oil like hydraulic on F12B and therefore not great for a street application especially one that sits for long periods. Neither the 812 or the F12TdF engine is anywhere near visibly impressive as the F12B with the loss of the resonators and the marvelous exposed intakes. My opinion of course.

Bundy, Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  13. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    of2worlds likes this.
  14. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Stupendous pair Sam!
    So jealous and proud of you....well done. Can’t wait for pics and a review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    #1015 BarryK, Aug 20, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    I think a few in the UK have traded in the mid-500k pounds. The next price step might depend on the 812VS which I imagine is around £475k+. If it is much lower than that and it is still a limited edition, then tdf prices might go lower, but otherwise tdf probably not much lower. 599GTO is now below £400k in the UK for comparison.

I also think UK is a weak market, even within Europe which once used to trade below UK RHD.

16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I had the Turbo S for ~3 weeks and got rid of it. Great looking car, very quick and handling was decent for a 5000 lb car. HOWEVER, the UI/UX, the Porsche app were all missing. Just trying to use the volume for the radios was a chore. The interface and app for my raptor is far superior. Porsche has a long way to go if these cars are going to make it. If their tech was 1/3 of Tesla's I might have kept it. IMO, it is way overpriced for what it is today.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  17. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    wow, comparing a Porsche to a pickup truck, well, why not, the Raptor is only 10% heavier than the Taycan! The 'move' to touchscreen controls for everything (Roma, ....now Portofino refresh? could it appear on the 812VS?) across so many brands is a step backwards, so much so that you find yourself looking for another ride just because the manufacturer decided to make their cars harder to use, hopefully that will not continue as 'a thing' !

18. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
  19. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Thanks Eddie :)

Thanks Rob - man I miss that car. Never enough cars, never enough garage space!

20. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    I wasn't following this thread and missed your acquisition. Congratulations and what a nice combo you have. Two top tier items in different model ranges--love that a lot.

21. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    There’s a control on the steering wheel for volume ;). Seriously though, I get the frustration Because you do have to take your eyes off the road and changing the sat radio to another preset is behind annoying. However, I am still loving it. I am a little nervous about the Roma’s ergonomics but it’s so beautiful I am willing to live w a lot of baggage

22. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Amazing man..congrats! It truly is a master piece!

Bundy and sampelligrino like this.
  23. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I am sorry I missed this, but holy cow! Congratulations! What's the ETA for delivery to you?

24. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Thanks! It will be awhile, going to get the car sorted at my dealer and then shop, and have to figure out a relocation soon too. Once I'm able to get some pics and time behind the wheel I'll be sure to post an update somewhere :)

Bundy, ryalex and of2worlds like this.
  25. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Tx for feedback

Gh21631 likes this.