F12 Status 20 | Page 9 | FerrariChat

F12 Status 20

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by deltona, Feb 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Justin, I don't have the 1500 RPM shudder- or at least, I don't remember noticing it. Next time I drive it, I will be on the look out. However, during my first week of driving it, I thought the car was a little bit too boomy around 1800-2000 RPM- which is where the auto mode often would place the motor during traffic. Another friend said he thought it adds character to the car. After a little acclimatization, I think I agree! Now it doesn't bother me at all.

Mario, I agree great sounds and super precise steering. With this generation (and I would imagine even more so with the new 812) everything happens so quickly, the steering is just right for the car.

I honestly don't think they could have made a more perfect car for me if they could have gotten inside my brain and figured out just what I would like! So we are very fortunate!

2. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    1500rpm vibration has disappeared since I filled the car up. Dealer says no error codes recorded and could have possibly been just be poor fuel.

The low speed metal squeak near full steering lock was caused by shield plate behind brake disc being too close and sometimes just touching the tip of a fixing nut. Minor adjustment.

Seems all is well! :)

P.S. Thumbs up to Ferrari Colchester for letting me drop in without a booking, check my car and resolve the issue immediately even though i didn't buy the car from them.

3. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I know what you mean about being embarassed. I've been asked more than once to rev the car in traffic, something i just can't bring myself to do. The sound is extraordinary and just seeing passengers reaction after a quick blast is something special.

I too have the Capristo valve controller. It fills the gap between idle and 3000rpm very well but i don't tend to use it when driving around my local area. ;-)

4. AaronW

AaronW Rookie

Jun 14, 2016
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Got mine 2 weeks ago and it is really worth waiting for don't now what you have now but the F12 is a beast

Enjoy

5. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I'm glad its all sorted out! And Congratulations to Aaron!

6. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

Does anyone know where "tailor-made" fits into the above scheme? My F12 is at 50 but I fear the next stage (60 Finishing) might be the time consuming TM step. Thanks

7. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I don't know except to state the obvious - it adds more time.

8. Revilo_395

Revilo_395 Rookie

Feb 14, 2015
    Nov for my 488 Spider and March for my 812 Superfast can't wait![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

At the risk of answering my own question, the build status code went from 50 (assembly) to 70 (testing) in a week. So I guess the TM pieces are already assembled and waiting to be fitted by the time the car reaches the line which would make sense from a storage point of view.

10. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Exactly my thoughts, otherwise based on how long people wait for TM cars, there would be a lot of unfinished cars hanging around for months in some cases. If you are at 70 as long as there are no faults to rectify your car has probably already left the factory. :)

11. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

Fingers crossed!

Congratulations on your stunning F12 - absolutely gorgeous. And perfect weather to enjoy it too.

12. Mike Chawla

Mike Chawla Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike Chawla
    Hello,
    I was researching on 10G production code and I saw this,so wanted to ask you was long were you in 10G back then? My superfast went from 0 to 10G last week,i read many placed say 10R is more encouraging as it will move fast but some say 10G could be months? anyone know the reason for this,and its almost August break OMG i cant wait for my Blu Elettrico 812 haha

thank you in advance for your experience sharing

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  13. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    10G = order accepted but 10R = no more configuration changes, and usually means production is imminent. My 812 was at 10G for nearly 5 months, and then went from 10R to delivery in about 6 weeks. Fingers crossed, it will be much less of a wait for you.

Mike Chawla likes this.