F12 Power Windows, Fuel Door, Aircon not working after flat battery | FerrariChat

F12 Power Windows, Fuel Door, Aircon not working after flat battery

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Uniquexme, Apr 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Uniquexme

Uniquexme Rookie

Apr 3, 2019
    Malaysia
    Full Name:
    Desmond Tay
    Hi guys, hope everyone is doing well.

My F12 has a flat battery (been away for 2 months due to Covid travel restriction and quarantine) and i just finish charging the battery for 2 days, managed to start the engine up but have few problems:

- Power windows on both passenger and driver side is not functioning
    - Fuel refill door not opening
    - Air con has air but its not cold (i think the thermostat is not kicking in)
    - TPMS, Electrical system failure, suspension fault (all these will just go away on its own after a few drives)

May i know is there anyway we can self fix the first 3 problems instead of sending it to the workshop? Sometimes the staffs at the petrol station will give me this look as if i just stole the car and have no idea on how to open the fuel cap, but instead it just reluctant to open and i have to embarrassedly drive away. lolz

i read somewhere it says to disconnect the battery for 10mins to reset the system, is it true?

D

2. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    You need to reset your system after a dead battery. Hot switch your ground lead and then follow the reset procedure using the remote per the instructions in the owners manual. This will get your windows and such working but you need to replace that battery asap.

ANOpax likes this.
  3. Uniquexme

Uniquexme Rookie

Apr 3, 2019
    Malaysia
    Full Name:
    Desmond Tay
    ok thanks i shall try