F12 (other pcitures) | Page 8 | FerrariChat

F12 (other pcitures)

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by mathematics, Mar 1, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I wonder if they use the holes going down behind the front wheels help extract hot air from the engine bay? Other wise I'm definitely in the gimmick camp.

DeSoto, this detail will not stop air flowing over the roof and down the rear window ... there is still plenty of air that is going to be hitting that windscreen hard.
    Pete

2. Zlaatan

Zlaatan Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2005
    No, they only help direct airflow around the car. And from what I've heard it's pretty effective as well.

3. jkddad

jkddad Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2006
    Probably difficult to visually see how they work unless you have a wind tunnel. Of course, we could get an old cluucker that smokes a lot and drive it like a bat out of hell in front of the F12 to test it out. They are probably like those little winglets on the tip of jet wings, you can't see them working, but they provide benefits.

4. ALPINE6SPD

ALPINE6SPD Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2006
    NJ
    Amazing looking. A few things I notice (just my opinion)
    1. Black does nothing for the car. It is by far the leqst exciting color I have seen on the F12. To me the F12 looks best in Bright and or metallic colors to show off the beautifull lines. The black hides all of that. I am still waiting to see a picture of an F12 in yellow and would love to see it in triple layer yellow.
    2. The optionsl wheels are a lot better looking than the base ones. In fact the optional wheels might be the best set of wheels on any current production ferrari IMO.
    3. It def had styling cues of older ferrars but looks so modern. A true masterpiece and the best looking car produced since the ALFA 8C IMO.
    4. I wont be owninig one anytime soon if ever unfortunately

5. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    This.

#4 buy lottery tickets. :cool:

6. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Of course, not ALL the air will pass through those holes, but every little helps.

In theory.

7. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    WOW, the lines of this Fcar really seem suited to this silver color. Amazing how good it looks.

8. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    +1

9. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    brutal lol. But i like both.