F12 (other pcitures) | Page 6 | FerrariChat

F12 (other pcitures)

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by mathematics, Mar 1, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #126 TheMayor, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You're going mad.

There's actually a lot of Honda Accord in it! :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mathematics

mathematics Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    LeatherFoot
    lol

3. mathematics

Aug 13, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    LeatherFoot
  4. mathematics

Aug 13, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    LeatherFoot
  5. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
  6. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    Yes. The 599GTO is a fantastic car, of that there is no doubt. However, there were actually more changes made to the 430 to make it into the "430 Scuderia" than were done to make the 599 into the "599GTO". Would you say that 430 Scuderia is less special than the 599GTO? If so why? Is it purely because it was produced in few numbers?

7. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    I have the privilege of owning both.....and yes I would. I recommend you go and do some research on the changes made to each model and where the changes and technology derived from for each. I think you will then be able to answer you own question.

8. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    #134 TOOLFAN, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
    I am very well versed in all things Ferrari, but I wouldn't expect you to know that. However, please do not stipulate that I need to do to "research". I have helped many Ferrari collectors with their collections, collecting history and technical data on their cars. I have driven both cars, the GTO, very recently in fact. I found it to be a much more special car. However this does not answer my question as to why YOU think the GTO is the more special car, nor does it change the fact the Scuderia has just as many changes done to it as the GTO. So, and I ask this in the most genuine fashion, why do YOU believe the GTO to be the more special car?

9. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Its where the modifications were derived from. The GTO is a derivative of the 599XX and much of the technology from the XX programme has been employed, whereas the Scud is a essentially a striped 430. They may share the same 'number' of modifications, the Scud may actually have more but thats not the point.......its the type of modification.

10. Hawaiian35

Hawaiian35 Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Ewa Beach Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Robsky
    The Vanquish or the DBS?

11. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    Fair enough, and I happen to agree with you.

12. Dipsomaniac

Dipsomaniac F1 Veteran

Mar 23, 2006
    Doha/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Derek K
    gee tough audience .. I blame google images .. but it still made the point I was trying to make .. or maybe not

13. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    You are right. Major proportions have a lot in common and especially at the front in the way that the 'bulk' sits over the front wheels. Also the grooves that run down the hood left and right are reminiscent.

14. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Looks great in red, not a fan of black it seems to hide all the styling details. Would be interesting to see one parked next to a 599 to get an idea of how much smaller it is because in those pics it still looks quite large. Boot capacity seems much greater than that on the 599.

15. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Karting

Mar 4, 2012
    #141 SmokeyJoe, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Some fresh pictures I took this morning in Geneva (need a better phone for photos..).
    I also managed to have a chat with Felisa about the car. The main improvements they have made compared to the 599 is that the car is more compact and that the center of gravity is much lower. This plus the increased weight distribution to the back is what in his opinion have made possible the great handling despite all that power. He was very friendly and also talked about his recent trip to the North of Sweden to try out the FF on the frozen lakes...

I am also enclosing a photo from the Maserati stand. I cannot remember which version but it sure was eyecatching!

16. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    Definitely eye catching ;-) Does the car come with the girl? hehe

17. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    That is an inherently false statement. The 599 GTO was never derived from a 599. It was derived from the 599 XX as Nads has already pointed out. We are hoping that FChat will allow us to move the 599 GTO to the 599XX forum. Absent, one of the mods. believes that it makes sense and has given us his vote. I guess we are just waiting for a response and or thoughts from Rob.

18. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    Switzerland
    off topics, F12 (other picture)!!!!! can we please stop this GTO discussion and we are not for voting here for this issue its not supertuesday anymore

19. jkddad

jkddad Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2006
    I think that is an option, however there are known side effects associated with this option. Late nights, partying, and constant smiling.

20. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
  21. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Karting

Mar 4, 2012
    There were no topmodels at the Ferrari stand but then again, they got their own models!

22. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
  23. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    And Fisker Karma.

24. Ryan S.