F12 from Dubai | FerrariChat

F12 from Dubai

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Jonny English, Jun 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jonny English

Jonny English Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2017
    Poole, Dorset
    Full Name:
    Jon
  2. PFSEX

PFSEX Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    John Ratto
    Cars from the middle east have a reputation for having been used and abused by their previous owners. The first owner will generally be a VERY rich individual to whom the car is a toy-status symbol among his friends. He will use it with little regard to maintenance or care for cosmetics (which also suffer from the sun and heat). He will keep it for a couple of years and then try to sell it or trade it in to get the latest model. Since there are few in the upper-middle class there, there isn't much value in the used car. That is why such cars are advertised in the international marketplacce.

To be fair to these original owners, they have little incentive to take good care of the care while they own it because it will not be worth much no matter what condition it is in. No one in Dubai(in this case) can afford it and everyone in the West will assume it is a derelict.

3. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    If you are in the US... The car would be difficult and expensive to homologate.

4. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    #4 Doc_Dent, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    Wow, sorry to say UR post is packed with false stereotyping info IMO that I don't know where to start from!

-I personally know lots of owners from the middle east who treat their cars like their children if I may say, can't explain enough how picky and careful some of them are.

-"sun and heat"! o_O I am sure U heard of PPL keeping their cars in closed garages and even air conditioned ones sometimes. And for such cars they R not driven every day, so no worries (don't 4get afternoon and night drives). Also, I believe (sun and heat) is a thing in many different places world wide.

-"there R few in the upper middle class there"!
    I don't know where U got UR info! But if U check the used cars market there, I imagine U would be surprised.

-"they have little incentive to take good care.."!
    "keep it for a couple of years then try to sell it or trade it"!
    "The car is a toy-status symbol"!
    Let us suppose some people do that, it may apply almost anywhere on the planet, I wouldn't generalize.

Back to the original post @Jonny English , my general advice for cars from Dubai specifically (a lot of supercar rentals there), make sure the car wasn't offered nor was owned by a car rental service, in which the car would have been probably abused by many different curious hands I guess.

Hazim likes this.
  5. Jonny English

Jun 14, 2017
    Poole, Dorset
    Full Name:
    Jon
    its at £88k plus 6% and has 3 days to go. Might be worth a risk up to £110?

6. Andreas Hicks

Andreas Hicks Rookie

Jun 8, 2020
    Full Name:
    Andreas Hicks
    Sold for a very good price! Did you go for it in the end?

7. Jonny English

Jun 14, 2017
    Poole, Dorset
    Full Name:
    Jon
    the last time i looked it had a couple of hours to go and was at 96k plus 6%. It didnt appear in the sold section so I wonder if it didnt reach its reserve. At that level I was interested but ckickened out

8. Andreas Hicks

Andreas Hicks Rookie

Jun 8, 2020
    Full Name:
    Andreas Hicks
    Ahhh I see.

collecting cars rarely get strong prices for the cars that go on to their platform to be honest. It would be interesting to see how many don’t reach reserve. I imagine it’s a high percentage

9. Jonny English

Jun 14, 2017
    Poole, Dorset
    Full Name:
    Jon
    What are the alternate sites that get better prices. I will be selling my 599 next year and don't want to trade in

10. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    It's did not reach reserve, given the history of the car, the fact it is LHD and that it had parts changed etc I'm surprised they had a reserve of £100k on it. Most cars on collecting cars do tend to sell tbh, there tends to be a reason that they don't make reserve and in this case it seems just a few too many questions about the car for people to be really confident to go for it

11. This entire comment is almost utter nonsense, factually incorrect and just stereotyping.

12. Jonny English

Jun 14, 2017
    Poole, Dorset
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Its now gone into the sold section at a 105k all in

13. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Possibly sold prior to the auction ending

14. Jonny English

Jun 14, 2017
    Poole, Dorset
    Full Name:
    Jon
    correction it was 105k plus the 6%

15. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Sorry I meant after the auction ended by being offered to the underbider

16. Andreas Hicks

Andreas Hicks Rookie

Jun 8, 2020
    Full Name:
    Andreas Hicks
    you have the usual auto trader and eBay etc of course where you are likely to get stronger prices than auction - there is also off-market which I deal in but that is usually for the higher value stuff if you see what I mean. Drop me an email though if you would like and when you’re ready I’ll see what I can do - [email protected]

17. JayCee500

JayCee500 Rookie

Jul 24, 2020
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jonty
    Hi, Anyone experience of buying a Malaysian build Ferrari? It is from a main UK dealer. Thanks

18. PFSEX

PFSEX Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    John Ratto

So tell me my friend, why was this F12 for sale at less than half the going rate for otherwise similar F12s??

19. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    Ain't sure John.
    It could've been a 1000 different reasons!