F12 Berlinette or Lamborghini Murcielago? | FerrariChat

F12 Berlinette or Lamborghini Murcielago?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by efg2014, Jan 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    I have a 1st world problem: "I want to own a 12-cyinder car before I die". Limited by my wallet I"m looking at either the F12 Berlinette or Murcielago. If you have been fortunate enough to drive both, I would really appreciate your insights. Even if you haven't advice on either car is appreciated.
    I do know the Murcielago prices are pretty settled, will the F12 settle more or? Currently on autotrader a few are around $176,000.

2. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    id like to hear this.....ive never driven either, but I would guess the f12 should be a much more comfortable and realistically easier car to drive although I'm sure you may not be necessarily looking for comfort or practicality

3. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    they are so vastly differnt to drive that you'd have to test them

for a daily driver the f12 is more suited than the murci, which is a very wide car (this might not be as much of an issue on american roads than it is in the UK)

also worth mentioning the murci sv is a very special car and imo is still very under priced

4. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D
    I would think Murci SV aside, depending on your age, I would think the lambo gets old quick with the technology and platform that be generation older and the ingress egress. I do love the scoops that can come up.

Also depends on your affinity for brand. I dreamed and always liked Ferrari better- maybe the movies like the rock made an impression on me.

5. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    F12...no comparison...The Murcielago is an interesting car but pretty compromised and much as I like the SV it cannot hold a candle to the F12

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

6. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    #6 ralfabco, Jan 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    With the Murcielago 6spd mechanical upkeep will be your largest expense, if you purchase an excellent car up front. Most likely you will break even at worse, if you purchase an excellent car.

I drove a 2004 Murcielago 6spd manual for hours and enjoyed the experience. The biggest negative is the size of the car. The manual transmission is a plus and it shifts much smoother than it’s predecessor.

I would guess the F12 will continue to depreciate. No experience with the F12. Good luck with your search.

7. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    Two different cars.
    f12 a gentlemen’s grand tourer....still deprecating .
    murci is a cool car but a lot of flash...plus very wide ...if u drive here and there marci’s good plus won’t lose anymore more money.
    good luck

8. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu
    Not sure if you also considered the AM Vantage V12. Not really on the same level, but still a V12. Good luck