F1 Streamed on Amazon | FerrariChat

F1 Streamed on Amazon

Discussion in 'F1' started by Vito, Dec 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vito

Vito Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    Dutchess County, NY
    FYI - There have been serious talks between F1 and Amazon for the F1 races to be streamed on Amazon in the coming years. I believe that the talks have focused on the 2024 season. Personally, I find this to be a poor decision on the part of F1 management (Chase Carey et al). I would not want to be forced to pay for a streaming service I'd use solely for the F1 races. What are your thoughts on this matter?

2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    There are currently Free Practices, Qualifying or Races that are blocked (depending on your carrier)....but some if not most watch the FP, Quali or races for free.

3. spider_s

spider_s Rookie

Jan 3, 2020
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    S Webb
    If it included all the pre-race and post-race festivities I'd be for it. I hate that ESPN only shows minimal content and cuts it off whenever they want.

I'd happily pay for SkySports here in the States if it were an option. I like that ESPN shows it commercial free (as it should be) but that's about it.

4. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    #4 WPOZZZ, Dec 23, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    Since F1 is already using AWS, I see this as a no brainer. However, my Amazon Prime does not work all the time.

Amazon is also streaming NFL on Prime, but I haven't watched any of those games. I just watch the games broadcast by the networks

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Why don't they do it earlier? Their own app is still utter dogshit, why bother wasting money trying to get it to work when you can just put it on Amazon.

copterjon, kes7u and kylec like this.