F1 PIRELLI GRAN PREMIO DEL MADE IN ITALY E DELL'EMILIA ROMAGNA 2021: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS *** | Page 5 | FerrariChat

F1 PIRELLI GRAN PREMIO DEL MADE IN ITALY E DELL'EMILIA ROMAGNA 2021: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Apr 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

I actually agree with KTU here. I think RedBull are a touch faster at this point. The problem is RedBull must now employee technique and strategy to be a winning team. It has been a few years. Mercedes are the most versed in this exercise. The competition on the pitwall can be the difference.

2. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Unless you completely missed F1 so far, many have said Redbull was a step ahead of Merc. Not just me. As for Hamilton, he has nothing left to prove.

william likes this.
  3. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Yeehaw......

Nortonious and 375+ like this.
  4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Don't feed it....

kes7u, stavura, Nortonious and 3 others like this.
  5. DF1

I see the drift :) That in the press will be he beat Max. Or will we see Max beat himself as often is the case, as in Bahrain. He knows he did not attack at the right time. He made a mistake. Sergio with his consistency could slowly erode the Max pace. Really really fun to experience this it will be this season. I saw a 'grit' and determination on Sergio's face today in the interview.

Isobel likes this.
  6. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Wise choice, he will be better off not to.

7. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Hamilton is a competitor and will push always. Don’t know how VB ended up slower than his Q1 time? Imola is so tight and the times so close that it doesn’t take much to misstep your way down the grid.

I think we’ll see the best of Hamilton all season. He will need to be to get the wins. For tomorrow, he has two Bulls with two different strategies to deal with. It will be a flip if the Bahrain situation. Hamilton/Merc have their work cut out.

8. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Why argue: the man’s iPhone even says verzonden which betrays his allegiance to max;))

9. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    lol

10. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Yeah well ;).

He’s got his hands full with kid incumbent.
    Fairly certain today’s outing wasn’t exactly the reassurance he was looking for..;)

11. Natkingcolebasket69

I’d say not changing the rules this year really was the best thing ever as everyone has been able to catch up. This could be the closest season ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Rules are rules, but that final qualifying lap tells me that Norris is still rising, I’m assuming he went off circuit at T9, but that is so easy to do. I’ll be watching that battle tomorrow. I think the kid will find his way up the grid. Not so certain DR stays ahead of him

Isobel and DF1 like this.
  13. DF1

Mercedes only need to manage the strategy of 1 car. Their P1 car. The RedBull must manage 2. We know Sergio has faster and less forgiving tires. He will stop before LH as he will have no choice, unless the Sergio magic can extend them. If Sergio maintains P2 he must work to be close to LH and ahead of Max = tire wear. Max can keep P3 and pressure Sergio but only to keep contact with LH overall. Passing is difficult and 1 stop is optimal via Pirelli.

I think if Mercedes stop first and keep P1 upon pit exit, difficult passing then its a win. To pressure Mercedes Redbull must force Mercedes to react to its strategy calls. They cannot let Mercedes drive the strategy as in Bahrain.

The track position works for Mercedes. Limited passing and tire wear as you chase. If Mercedes have good race pace and keep P1 longest, RedBull must use its tires more to attack. The track is narrow and mistakes are not well rewarded. RedBull I think are under more pressure, even with 2 cars in the front.

14. DF1

Yes Ricci needs to gain competence soon. Norris is a driven young gun!

Isobel and ricksb like this.
  15. Natkingcolebasket69

Russel had a good quali again... Will Vettel finish the season or retire early?

16. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    i think Sergio is the threat, as that early stop may give him an advantage on fresher tires. Could be the reverse situation from Bahrain, Lots of gap management tomorrow, for certain.

DF1 likes this.
  17. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    I agree. Nice to see how Toto deals with two chessboards tomorrow...

18. RobertJRB

RobertJRB Karting

Feb 8, 2012
    Do you use the same argument for Hamilton fans from the UK?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met FerrariChat

19. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Both Max and Checo were on softs in Q3.

kes7u and ricksb like this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

No just u because u have nothing to say positive just blindlessly rooting for max whilst hating Lewis. Blocked;)

21. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  22. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Working those bump-stops pretty good, Charles!

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  23. RobertJRB

RobertJRB Karting

Feb 8, 2012
    Says the man who keeps on going about Max having to grow up whilst Lewis should earn respect...

stavura and ingegnere like this.
  24. Natkingcolebasket69

Yeah max has to grow up as his race craft is totally lacking maturity for a guy with that many races...
    Lewis, don’t like him but he has earnt his respect, only Internet trolls think u can be 7 times WDC by mistake... again as a former pro athlete I can tell u one thing; u don’t mistakenly become great. U just don’t. I was part of the 2000 junior French team who won the gold medal in zadar at the European basketball championship... Tony Parker was my teammate and went on to win 4 nba championship... Once u are next to pros & true talent on a daily basis u realize that even if luck plays a part, u just don’t win over and over and over again just with sheer luck... I witnessed it every single day.
    Now if u want to dislike him, think he is x,y,z that any of his contemporary are better than him that’s fair but like Bob Proctor says show me results and his are just above his contemporaries... Simple as that...
    The rest... it’s all wishful thinking...he isn’t my goat but for his era ? He certainly is...

Nuvolari, Terra and chinaleeexports like this.
  25. RobertJRB

RobertJRB Karting

Feb 8, 2012
    I never say Hamilton isn’t good or even a great driver. I think he is and Indeed he proves he is every race. However that constant trolling of KTU really irritates.
    Indeed I just should let it go. Nice weather here in Maxland :)

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.