F1 Montreal hotel suggestions? | FerrariChat

F1 Montreal hotel suggestions?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by nismodrifter, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nismodrifter

nismodrifter Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2008
    YYC/YVR
    Full Name:
    Navdeep
    Looking for any suggestions in regards to a good hotel for the race.

First time attending, and first time visiting Montreal.

We will be flying out to Italy after the race.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  3. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    A bunch of us are driving up from DC/NY and staying at Hotel 10.

It is a nice place in a great location.

Let me know if you're interested and I can get you a discounted rate in my room block.

LSJ

4. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

The Ferrari team used to stay at the Hotel Le St James Montreal. Maybe they still do. They would park all of the road cars out front of the hotel during the week of the race.

5. nismodrifter

nismodrifter Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2008
    YYC/YVR
    Full Name:
    Navdeep
    Ended up booking at Hotel Bonaventure, thanks for the tips!

6. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    They still book the St James Hotel. Saturday night is a VIP invite only gala every year

7. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    Red Bull and Sky F1 usually stay at Hotel 10.

You always end up running into drivers during the weekend regardless.

LSJ

8. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Everything is there in one spot. Train, bus, subway, shopping mall. But you are surrounded by busy streets.

9. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    I received PMs from a few of you regarding our hotel for the F1 race in June. Some of you that booked suggested letting other people know because of the great arrangement that we have.
    A group of 20 of us are driving up from the East Coast USA for this trip. I organize the drive, hotel, social activities, etc. and this will be our 19th straight year.

We attend the race, check out the Historic F1 paddock as well as Ferrari Challenge and Porsche Cup. We also do two days of karting at Kart-o-Mania and display the cars in Little Italy for their festival.

I've checked out almost all of the major hotels in the city and assessed them for our needs. Only a few can meet the criteria for comfort, service, style, location, access to subway, access to roads and secure, garage parking for our cars.

A few years ago, we decided on Hotel 10 because of the favorable mix of all of the above requirements.

Hotel 10 Montreal - Montreal Hotels

Not only is it a physically beautiful place but the staff there pay extra attention to guests and especially our group. One of the managers is an old friend and they give us outstanding service.

The hotel is located at the corner of Sherbrooke and St Laurent. This is a terrific neighborhood with great restaurants and clubs across the street. The subway is two blocks away and the track is about 15 mins away.

There is a famous Esso station next door that becomes a parking lot for exotics on Friday and Saturday night. It is a nice little car show with Veyrons, La Ferraris, Mclarens, Vipers, Aventadors, and other memorable vehicles.

Although there is a lot of nightlife a block away, Hotel 10 usually hosts two parties on Friday and Saturday nights on its terrace. It is typical to see a line a block long to get into them and there is plenty to see! Being guests, we can have access to the parties that the hotel organizes there. I would never have guessed that we would party all night without leaving our hotel during F1 weekend in Montreal yet it has happened a few times here!

An important feature of the hotel is the secure parking underground. Our group self parks and we have a reserved row so we can all be next to each other. This was a key find for our group since a lot of us drive and need to have a safe place overnight.

They also have a Benz S Class courtesy car that we can use instead of cabs to get around the city. This comes in very handy.

There are plenty of expensive hotels in Montreal for race weekend. Most of them start at the $500/night range as does Hotel 10. Our group rate is about ½ this and includes Free Garage Parking and Breakfast. PM me and I can give you the details and contact info at the hotel. All reservations go directly through the hotel and you can book on your own.

Also, feel free to join us for any of the other activities if you would like. Our karting battles are the stuff of legend. Senna and Prost have nothing on us…HAHA.

I haven’t posted about it much in previous years and for no good reason. I certainly have no personal financial interest in the hotel, the trip or any of the activities. I only do this because I’m a natural organizer and enjoy seeing everyone have a good time.

Let me know if you have any questions.

LSJ

10. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    FWIW, I'm at the St. James now. Very nice, great service and a great restaurant. It's a bit older though.
    The L'Hotel across the street looks nice, as does the William Gray. For a less expensive option, the W is close by with some large rooms.

11. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    As a follow up, forget L'Hotel, but maybe try Le Mount Stephen : Montreal, Canada : The Leading Hotels of the World
    (for anyone going)

12. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Having stayed there, it's well worth it - the Bonaventure was perfect (even met Ralf Schumacher) there..

13. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    Everyone booked for Montreal F1?

We will have an indoor karting session planned if anyone would like to join.

LSJ

14. TODDZTR

TODDZTR Karting

Aug 26, 2004
    near toronto
    Full Name:
    TODD
    Get an Air B&B! Cheaper than the Hotels. The Hotels jack all the prices for the weekend way out of reality! We did it (8 guys). Nice house with pool, bbq, nice neighborhood. Also used UBER vs local taxi services. DO NOT TRUST LOCAL CABS. As soon as they know you don't speak french they take you way out of the way to make extra money!! UBER was over 50% cheaper!!

15. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Air BNB is good, but in a lot of neighborhoods they raise the prices for F1 too (likely not as much as the hotels.) Try some of the newer smaller places like Hotel Gault. Perhaps the William Gray.
    I have never had an issue with a cab FWIW, French or English, but yes, Uber is always cheaper. Use the Metro anyways. Cabs aren't the best way around, especially downtown and vieux Montreal.

16. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I've stayed at the Sofitel a few times - nice for the price

17. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    Air BnB is an option but where do you park your Testarossa at night?

Our block at Hotel 10 is 40% off of the regular big hotel GP rate because we have a big group there each year.

They include their very secure underground parking garage for us free of charge which is the only way to bring an exotic to the F1 weekend.

Free breakfast and unlimited use of their hotel S Class concierge car instead of cabs or Uber isn't bad either.

There really is a way to get everything in a lodging experience up there.

LSJ

18. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

Just in case anyone is still searching for ideas...... been to the GP many times, but not recently, so things may have changed. I’ve stayed at friends homes, at hotels, but honestly some of the best places are the university residences downtown, especially if you are a bit late to the party and everything is booked. McGill, Concordia, and others all have residence units for rent. McGill for example is an easy walk to the heart of the nightlife..... the walk back is not too far, but it is uphill. :)

Not fancy mind you..... but practical.

19. sapguy

sapguy Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Peter
  20. Kimmieryan

Kimmieryan Rookie

Sep 15, 2022
    Full Name:
    Kimberly Bennett
    Hi there! I was curious if you were doing a block at hotel 10 for next year.