F1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2014: RACE ***SPOILERS*** | Page 32 | FerrariChat

F1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2014: RACE ***SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, May 25, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    It's his personality. Not everyone is controlled and play things close to the vest, for better or for worse. One of my kids is emotional, two aren't...doesn't make the emotional one a bad person (actually, she's a super-high achiever).

Jensen Button knows Lewis and his ways. He doesn't think his emotional nature will send him into a tailspin. Quite the opposite, actually.

I tend to side with Button's perspective

2. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Those are the same things, imo. What Kraftwerk is saying is that LH speaks without filtering through his comments at times. It's not necessary to share everything you think/feel with people (ESPECIALLY the media) yet he seems compelled to do so.

Time to zip it and get back to doing what he does best

3. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
  4. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Could you blame FA?

That said, people have been saying how Alonso is going to jump ship for years now. They want it to happen so badly yet he's still here and wiping the floor with his teammate.

5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

He will be fine where-ever he goes. To be honest Im surprised he has stayed this long. They have not given him a car that was balanced/easier to drive and fast out of the box yet. He has done enough for Ferrari and if he leaves they only need to blame themselves. He cannot wait forever.

6. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Warwick presented a nice case for this being anything but cheating. 4 votes total, all Stewards in favor of it being an incident nothing more.

7. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes and Yes agreed B.

Hopefully on reflection it will be water under the bridge for him, if it carries on Merc may have to step in and start laying down some ground rules, and at the minute I do not think they will favor Ham.

So head down time, take it on the chin keep schtum and do what you do best, race like you got the devil at your heels...

8. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I like Mika always have, but he is a cool Finn Ham isn't ..:)

9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Usually people looking for sympathy do that sort of thing.

10. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    +1

11. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Hmmm, this time you ask for this ... lol.

When the favouritism was so clearly on the other foot back in 2007 where were you then :D :D
    Pete

12. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    LOL so the time you being nice to me has run out :D...you beat Aircon to it, that's his job..;)

Afterall I did have sympathy for the Webster, not bad for #2 driver ...;)

Aha I forgot your from NZ ? yes, BTW my sister lives there loves the place..

13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    LOLOLOLO, sorry but comparing DC to Kimi is just funny...it´s about the same diference between Shumi ans barrichelo...

14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    It´s funny the way lewis tries to call rosberg a Cheater, a driver who so far as an impecable record on track as being tough but fair...as for Lewis we can hardly say the same..that incident with Truly in australia a couple of years ago, where he lied his teeth off to try and get jarno penalised for was a disgrace and a shame....

15. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    LOL he sounds like me complaining about that good for nothing X rated Mosley...;)

16. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    To be fair he was IIRC under instruction from the team to go with that line..he did regret it.

To me the jury is still out with Nico, he is a clever and shrewd driver and no slouch, am just not sure it still seems a highly suspicious move to me... but enough already must move on.

17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    That's bull**** steve, Lewis new exacly what he was doing, and Mclaren found an escape goat to sacrifise instead of him..his behaviour was unexcusable and showed exacly what tipe of person he really is.....

18. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    I don't think Nico brought out the yellow on purpose (and neither do the stewards or lots of professional drivers), but if the rumors about Hamilton turning his engine up against team protocol in Spain are true then I couldn't blame Nico for trying something underhanded.

19. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Young and naive perhaps, am not saying he didn't know what he was doing, am saying he was told what to say, am struggling to recall the issue to be honest, with out looking it up, but I thought it was pretty clear cut, and it was a fruitless exercise to deny it.

Personally I do not think Lewis is the devil incarnate, a few have met him on here and speak highly of him taking the time to sign and photo's with him ect.

Gullible he maybe, but it's like saying Alonso had know idea that NPJ was going to crash in Valencia, and not questioning why he was brought in to the pits so early just before..Lewis is a very fast driver, but it's all the other bits he is realizing he has to deal with, and maybe he has a job dealing with cut throat nature of the business of F1.

20. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yup that's just it gloves are off, IMO Nico had everything to gain bringing out the yellows, as I said at the time I'd like to think he hadn't got it in him, but .....I cannot understand the hacking at his steering wheel just before his lock up...and how many times have drivers locked up at that corner still and gone round it.....as I said jury is still out with me .

21. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK7njYRCK0c]Hamilton-Trulli full radio transmission at Australian GP 2009 - YouTube[/ame]

Nothing to devious IMO.

22. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    All racing drivers, maybe all sports people, are two different people; the one in the car and the one out of the car.
    Pete

23. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'am sure that is the case, I feel the same way, especially when I'am out driving on a Sunday and it seems that every man and his dog that are out driving, appears to me that if they went any slower, they would be going backwards..;)

24. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

25. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Well, if, like Jenson Button suggests, Lewis is able to take all that negative energy to top-off his batteries and be stronger for the next race, he will be a formidable opponent in Canada indeed, judging by the number of people he managed to upset the last week-end...

Rgds