F1 2012 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F1 2012

Discussion in 'Technology' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 8, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    works better. I had the same issue and went to the t-bar view. How did you like COTA? I love the hill and the twisties, but it feels like another track. Istanbul? I need to drive that one and compare.

2. Peace Frog

Peace Frog Formula Junior

Apr 5, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Chad Denning
    I still need to get some time on COTA... at first blush, it felt like it was going somewhere... like a slower speed Spa with a hint of Suzuka (especially the the esses).

I did some driving at Spa and Monza to get familiar with the new car dynamics since those are my baseline tracks that I know by heart. I have to unlearn all of the bad habits 2011 forced on me. Much like a real open wheeler, this year's car is more "easy does it" and rewards minimal input control versus last year's slam on the brakes and turn in like a maniac feel.

Looking forward to some more time on it tonight...

3. Houston348

Houston348 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2006
    Just picked up mine yesterday afternoon and wow is it fun. I had the 2011 but I like the new training module for beginners and the new COTA track that I of course had to drive first thing! I actually stopped at turn 12 to see what my view of the track would be (we have turn 12 seats).

No bugs, nothing wrong with the game. love it!

4. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Most definitely true. Slam-and-turn is more like slam-and-spin in this version of F1...

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Sounds promising. That's what led me to stop playing 2011 very quickly...Going to get a bit more ram and upgrade my videocard before I get this. My videocard has no fan so overheats very quickly.

Can't be bothered to get it for Xbox because my wheel won't work on it (g25).

6. CaptOharry

CaptOharry Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2009
    Green Cove Spgs FL
    Full Name:
    Harry Welch
    Is anyone playing F1 2012 online any more? It would be fun if some of us started( Just a thought )

7. Peace Frog

Peace Frog Formula Junior

Apr 5, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Chad Denning
    I'd be open for some online racing...

I spent a few hours last night driving and getting golds on the new driver levels, did the Kimi Challenge then started a career mode with Williams. With each lap I feel more comfortable with it. I really like this game.Vast improvement over last years.

8. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    I got this a couple days ago and am looking forward to trying it, but it will have to be after I finish Borderlands 2.

9. Jimi900

Jimi900 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2004
    Tulsa, OK
    #34 Jimi900, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I got F1 2012 this past Saturday and spent some time playing it on my PS3 (V1, 40gig) and had no problems. I did have an update the first time I put it in.

F1 2012 is much more fun than 2011. It seems to be a little easier which I think it is good. I use it with my Logitech G27 wheel on a GT5 Play seat, and it make it a million times more fun. I was playing Multiplayer mode with a buddy of mine in the seat and I was using a controller, and it is amazing what the designers thought you could do at one time with a controller.

all in all I think it will be a great game and look forward to some online racing.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Plenty of room to install a sub ;)

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Just got it;

I've only played for 20 minutes or so, but so far so good. Massive improvement in F1 2011. With F1 2011 I found the game impossible to play due to steering lag and that you couldn't drive smooth. I've done some 200 odd laps on that game and haven't touched it in almost a year.

F1 2012 has no steering lag anymore, smoothness seems to be rewarded. Really like the Young Drivers test add on.

I'm going to buy a bit more ram tomorrow as a cheap fix (only on 4gb atm) and finish the YDT and start a career :).

12. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    I'll probably pick this up. I enjoyed it when I demoed it and the controls were actually to my liking.

13. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    I would play, when I could. It would be nice to go on line with people that don't think that crashing the other guy is the name of the sport.

14. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I can't stand that. Played Test Drive: Ferrari Legends online last night, with my 328 GTS competing against more modern cars. I was holding second place going into the long straight, when the faster cars started catching up and, predictably, crashed me out of the race (hit me going into a turn). It's why I absolutely hate online racing.

15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    my GB ram fix didn't help much, but got a GT430 GPU now (donated by sheer luck, LOL). Game runs properly now.

It ofcourse isn't a sim but it's quite enjoyable. Started a career yesterday with Toro Rosso (didn't want to jump in with the big boys straight away...) and qualified 14th (did 10 mins practise and found that good enough) with AI on professional. Of course no drivers aids. Ignored the recommendations for tires (Apparently they'd fall off before by scheduled lap 22 pit stop). A good start netted me 9th place, then I improved by the end of the first lap to 7th, but Vettel came passed quite quickly and had a 10 lap battle with Kobayashi till I made a small mistake and he came past me. He was on Softs but I was keeping up with him, whilst fending of Webbo at the same time.

After the pitstops I was in 7th (I was the last to stop pretty much) till about lap 40 when I had a powercut.

Going to restart career now with a Force India...makes my performance a bit more realistic I reckon ;).

16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Well as I said, started a new season with Force India. I find that they use their tires harder, but I stuck with my 2 stop strategy (much like everyone else). Qualified 6th (!), with PDR a lowly 13th. Race objective was 12th.

After my first stop I look back and spot huge clouds of smoke coming from my engine. I reckoned I only had few laps left but apparently none of that, and I'm surprised the engine lasted.

Just before the end of my 2nd stint, I was 4th. Rosberg overtakes me and I stick with him, wanting to pass him with the DRS, only to get informed my DRS broke right there and then. Brilliant. Anyhow, I KERS the **** out of T2 and Rosberg moved to overtake a back marker, under braking...I also move a bit but just about make the corner, and I pushed Rosberg wide who went in the gravel a little. Penalty. Balls. I pit for a set of options, and do a drive through. I drop to 12th, ahead of PDR. 8 balls out laps and I'm right there for 11th and 10th place, possibly 9th, but I make a big mistake and fall far back and with only 2 laps remaining I cruise to the finish.

I meet my target for 12th, beating my teammate (14th) but the team was angry because I was supposed to finish 4th all of a sudden. Hmm.