F1 2011 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F1 2011

Discussion in 'Technology' started by AlexO91, Jun 3, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Sounds pretty realistic.

I've only been playing Grand Prix mode and not career...I am thoroughly enjoying that.

2. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    It doesn't say how the long the career is, last time it gave you a choice.

3. Blue@Heart

Blue@Heart F1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2006
    Yellowknife, NWT
    Full Name:
    David
    It's 5 seasons long :)

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I completely forgot about this games release, looks like I'll have to get my copy for the PS3!

5. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    After running a few races with a friend last night, in a car that wasn't the Lotus, I found the game isn't as hard as I thought it was. The Lotus just really sucks. I'm not so sure I see the full effect of the KERS though.

6. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    How do I change the difficulty level, it's too easy I just won my 2nd ever race on career in a Williams. This is not realistic.

7. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    When you click career it's one of those options.

8. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    The game looks as good as it did during the qualifying commercials today. I think playing the Singapore track gives you a better sense of how difficult a circuit it is versus watching on television. The straights are met with abrupt, sharp turns and there is just no space for error.

Went 1:44.503. Couldn't match Vettel

9. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Cheers!

Are hard and expect the only two difficulties that simulate tyre usage? Cause I did my first race on medium and nothing, then went to hard and theres marbles on the track and the soft tyres wear out quickly.

10. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    You can manually adjust the settings as well.

11. lmunz22

lmunz22 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Just picked the game up, currently installing the second system update of the night...

12. lmunz22

lmunz22 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Just finished the first race. Melbourne in a Force India, intermediate difficulty. Started 4th, won the race from Alonso. Guess I'm moving the difficulty up,,..

13. Peace Frog

Peace Frog Formula Junior

Apr 5, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Chad Denning
    Just got this last night... what an improvement over last year! I started racing F1 sims back with Crammond's Grand Prix 2, and I tell you, this is the first game that hit the balance that that sim had between sim and fun.

The cars drive so much more predictable in this year's game, and so far, hitting a curb doesn't show you where you just came from. I gave up on last year's game after a few races. I was sick of the penalties that weren't my fault, being held in a pit-box forever, phantom curbs and the sense that I was being rubberbanded around the track.

I need to tweak some of the settings to make it a bit more difficult, because out of the box I went to Monza (my de-facto test track) and laid down a pretty quick time. Overall, very pleased that I decided to take a chance on it. Graphically, it seems a bit wonky in places but once you're in the cockpit that all disappears. My one complaint so far, and maybe it's just a setting, but when I'm in cockpit view (the only way to race IMO), there's no graphical indication of how much KERS I have left or if my DRS is deployed or not. I have the PS3 version if anyone wants to do some online racing.... peacefrog915 is my PSN name.

14. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I hate the Williams, it just has no grip. If you're starting your career soon my advice is got for the Force india or the Lotus.

Played the game all week and I still love it.

15. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    I just got the game yesterday and managed to finish Australia in 5th. Great game...I really am loving the gameplay. How does kers work...I have fully gotten the DRS worked out...but no kers indication or bar. any assistance?

16. lmunz22

lmunz22 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    In the Force India at least, the LED display on the steering wheel tells you how much KERS you have left via a countdown from I believe 300kw.

17. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    So so much better than last year edition..at least codemaster fix and added some good stuff into the game. Most important for me is the feel, this time they got the feel right with more focus how we drive the car.

Engineer still gives me useless info like that guy coming to pits in few laps but less annoying comepare to last year. Also download some tweak and mod from racedepartment make the game even better.

A very good game for those love f1 and a chance to rewrite history :p

18. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    I can finally drive in the car without feeling disconnected. i love it.

19. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Ok... I'll get this one sometime this week :eek:

20. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Finally ordered the game. Hopefully get it sometime this century :eek:

21. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Finally started playing this on the weekend.

Looks like they did listen to community feedback from 2010(tho they should still fix it :p ) the GUI/timing is 10x better. :)

Turning seems too sensitive for the controller.

The DRS/KERS features don't get explained at all so you better watch a few F1 races before playing this game :eek:

Much more polished game from 2010 but still not sure if it's better. Need to play some more :eek:

22. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Simple question, especially for PC use if it's any different (doubt it): Can you save during a race?

I've got frequent powercuts here and 100% races are of course the most fun...won't stop me from getting the game but it'll help a lot....

23. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    According to the codemasters forums, no.

24. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Damn, that sucks...

Mostly my powercuts happen when I'm well into a long career race with any game...

Oh well. :)

25. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Buy an UPS?