Sold - F/S 2002 Torch Red Corvette Coupe 1 Owner Auto MI | FerrariChat

Sold F/S 2002 Torch Red Corvette Coupe 1 Owner Auto MI

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Kruegmeister, Apr 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    I am selling my 1st ever Corvette... With all my other Cars I'm just not getting enough time for this one with Michigan Corvette Season being so short. That and I'm making Garage Room for a F355 to join my F430.

This is a Single Owner Super Clean, Well Cared for C5. Automatic Trans
    Car Located in Macomb MI, but may get a couple miles added when I move to Rochester MI
    Mileage 84107
    Asking $15,500

Stuff I added was the Z06 Intake Airbox and New Pieces that add a few HP, all the way up to the MAF Sensor.
    NXT Step Exhaust also know as Granatelli. Nice Aggressive Sound and a Few Extra HP. Also Upgraded the Clamps on the Exhaust with Better Clamps than the ones that came with Exhaust.
    Tires have very little Miles and Great Tread Life Left.
    Added Red Calipers & Baer EradiSpeed Drilled & Slotted Rotors.
    Removable Roof is Red
    2nd Roof is Transparent, looks light blue nearly clear inside and Black from the outside. Faux Leather Storage For Whichever Roof is not in use.

Oil Changed Regularly with Mobil 1 as Recommended & Never Let Oil Life get below 33%
    Recently Took it to my Chevy Dealer & the Replaced an AIR Valve & Did all the 75K Mile Maintenance Due including Trans Flush, Fill & Filter. They also Changed the Rear Differential Fluid.

Always Garaged in a Heated & Humidity Controlled Garage aside from its 1st couple years at my old house, it was Garaged there but not Climate Controlled. I Keep it Super Clean and Detailed including the Engine Bay. There are some Scratches on the Front Typical of these Low Front Ends, nothing major and only noticeable looking up on it Laying on the Ground.
    Car has been extremely Trouble Free for me.

Many Receipts, Original Window Sticker. Replaced Parts were kept aside from Brake & Exhaust Stuff. Come 2022 this Car Will Pass Gold Survivor Status if you took it to Bloomington Gold.

Options
    Equipment Group 1:
    • Dual Zone Air Conditioning
    • Fog Lamps
    • Luggage Shade and Parcel Net
    • Memory Package
    • Adjustable Sport Bucket Seat
    • Power Passenger Seat
    • Magnesium Wheels
    • Body Side Moldings
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds likes this.
  2. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

84K miles, that's what I call a guy who enjoys his cars. If it was only a manual I could be tempted. Looks great. GLWS

3. Kruegmeister

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    Yes I enjoyed the Car for sure.
    Thanks

4. Kruegmeister

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    Decided to try listing on cars.com Sure is fun to wade thru the Scams...
    Got this Today

1st a Text from (305) 417-5802
    "I am interested in buying your vehicle on cars.com pls send the pict to [email protected] Because it comes out small on the cars mobile app, I saw the AD, ill get back to you after i get the pics in my email. Jason."

So I sent the Pics, then I get this: (But it is from [email protected])
    Thanks for the pictures, I have important questions, do you have the
    clear title? are you the original owner? is there any mechanical
    issue? or any bodywork I need to fix? I need answers to my questions
    because I'm ready to proceed with the purchase but not in person,
    because I’m currently on a business trip and I am buying this vehicle
    as a birthday gift for my wife, and my only means of payment from here
    is square cash, I will send you money using your cash tag ID and you
    will sign in to your account and move the money into your bank
    account, its very easy, fast and secured, Go to www.cash.me and set up
    your account in 2 min and get back to me with your cash tag ID when
    you are done, or download their app on your phone its on apple store
    and google play,type Square Cash you will see it with green dollar
    sign logo, and I will process the payment as soon as your account is
    set up, I can send copy of my ID for you to feel safe about this
    transaction, since we are not doing it in person, I will arrange to
    pick up once payment clears in your bank account, I'll look forward to
    your response with the the details below
    Your Cash.me ID:
    Your Firm Asking Price:
    jay,

After seeing that I do some Googling
    I found this https://www.scam-detector.com/article/car-sold-online
    Practically word for word, but they list it as [email protected] not [email protected]

I replied with the Link to the Scam-Detector Website with Nearly Identical email.
    Phishin Phun!!!

of2worlds likes this.
  5. ThunderHill

ThunderHill Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Morris Plains, NJ
    Full Name:
    Toby Smith
    Wanted to put a word in. I've had two C5 Corvettes for a total of 10 years of daily commuting ownership. The early 97 and 98 cars were an electrical headache sometimes (nothing serious, sensors and stuff), but everything made after that is an absolute damn tank. The level of reliability is literally peerless in it's prerformance category from that time period. I put 83,000 miles on my second one (up to 161,000 total, with nothing but brakes, tires, and oil/fluid changes). Didn't visit the dealer/shop a single time in six years of 5-day commuting. Drove it in snow, salt, mud, negative temps, over 100 degrees, it took it all in stride.
    Trunk is big enough to haul two full size checked roller bags, two carry ons, and two laptop bags with room to spare. I once got all four stock wheels and tires in by putting the fourth one on the passenger's seat. Both cars did 32MPG highway consistently through my ownership period.

If you want a car that you can treat like a Civic, never worry about weirdos sitting on it and taking Instagram photos when you're eating dinner, and that can still accelerate like an F355 when there's an opening in traffic, you could do worse than a C5. GLWS.

Todd308TR, Kruegmeister and of2worlds like this.
  6. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I agree. I owned a 2002 C5 Z06 and loved it. They are neutral handling, light and fast. It's a lot of performance for $15K! Oh do a head and cam job and you're at 450HP.

Kruegmeister likes this.