F-DOG New Drivers Group | Page 4 | FerrariChat

F-DOG New Drivers Group

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by 1974gt4, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Red...ish. :)

2. A.B.

A.B. Rookie

Jun 28, 2010
    By Area
    Full Name:
    A.B.
    Gavin it is hard to see from that point of view!

3. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani
    errr, ish???

post a pix !

please.

4. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani

yellow and black....with yellow piping....yea baby.

5. Chrigel

Chrigel Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    Who can follow you now that your car is 30 years younger and so much more powerful??

Never saw your rear end for very long with the other one. Oh boy..

Congratulations and bring it out to the East Bay when you broke it in.

6. Trincap

Trincap Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2010
    NorCal
    Both I suppose. I'll say this, I don't think this is the group for me. Peeling out in a parking lot while giving the finger? That seems rather uhm. . . I'll say it's an extreme reaction.

7. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani
    #82 1974gt4, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    ...The valet at Nick's cove was in a rather stressed mood that day apparently because he was quite unkind to me when I asked if my car was in an acceptable location.

The conversation was short and it was apparent to me that the fellow was unhappy with all these customers. His final comment to me was " I wish that none of you were here at all".

Well, I, Sir, shall have no valet of any establishment tell me or any member of any group I happen to choose to participate with and patronize an establishment, that the very life's blood of the business he works for, customers (!), are not welcome in any way shape or form.

First, his opinion of who can or cannot eat at the establishment he PARKS CARS at is of no relevance,

Second, his voicing of this opinion to any member of FOG is completely inappropriate, and his audacity required action, as he said it to me,

Third, I will not de facto condone such behavior by spending my dollars at that establishment.

Lastly, I did call later and speak with the manager and recount the exact story.

In my humble opinion, I saved him a serious tongue lashing and my silent ''vote'' was the kindest outcome he had coming. He ''got his wish''.

Manners are required reading for this group; yet, I see no need to offer them to undeserving parties who do not see the value of 25 or so people choosing Nick's Cove as their chosen destination, nor do I expect anyone to be treated with the anything but respect a patron deserves. The very patrons who pay his wages.

As a side note, I live very near this establishment and fortunately this valet has moved on, I frequent this place with some regularity and have experienced no such replication of inappropriateness...the staff is in the hospitality business. Thankfully no one working there is unclear on this concept.

8. Semik

Semik Karting

Oct 12, 2011
    Sausalito
    Full Name:
    M
    Hey G,

I can only clarify what I have experience in and that's the drive itself. It was phenomenal!!! Four hours of carefree, joyful, VERY spirited driving, beautiful, empty (a tiny bit bumpy) roads, a few deer and some nearly suicidal turkeys, luscious views and a breathtaking sunrise, a delicious breakfast, and many laughs. I had an absolute blast and can't wait to do it again.

As for the thread - I'll be honest: I'm not really sure. I think the initial purpose might have gotten lost in translation, and I can only hope that it gets reinstated, because (as I already mentioned) the drive was a lot of fun and it would be a shame if it gets confounded with anything but. Since 1974gt4 was the creator of the thread, he's the one who could probably best clarify this aspect for all of us. I can only speak to my own perceptions.

I also wasn't around for the Nick's incident so can't speak on that topic with any validity. I can't say it bothers me, as from knowing J, I assume that response was deserved. That being said, I don't see us driving around looking for people to tell off (again, just my perception). Though if the group isn't for you, I respect you saying so, and I can easily understand why that might be the case. I feel purposes and communications got contaminated and I think it's too bad, though I know my compunction is irrelevant.

As for me: it was something new and I enjoy testing out unfamiliar territory. J is also a friend and thus I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. I wasn't. Whenever he gets back to town, I look forward to another drive. If it ever stops being fun or gets too messy, I'll move on to other endeavors, though I hope that's not the case. It was initially stated that "driving is our focus" and that's what I'm interested in pursuing. I hope everyone else is too. :D

Anyway....one woman's opinion. I'm sure there are plenty of others, so thanks for listening. Thanks for asking too. :)

9. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani
    Sunday 18 Nov.

Location to be determined by participants, say 0800 departure? Back by noon.

I have a drive in mind;

---however, I am completely open to discovering new roads in new regions so; it's wide open...suggestions welcome.

1. Italiani

10. testarossamia

testarossamia Rookie

Nov 7, 2012
    Pacifica
    Full Name:
    David Jawor
    In what county do you plan to meet? I am open to any. 8AM is good for me, Sunday good too. Please PM me or post in thread, whatever works best. Thanks.

11. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani
    testarossamia, check your pm.

12. Chrigel

Chrigel Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    Would love to join you guys but I have to watch the F1 race live from Austin at 10.30 am.

Sorry. Go Seb!

13. testarossamia

testarossamia Rookie

Nov 7, 2012
    Pacifica
    Full Name:
    David Jawor
    Thanks, looking forward to the drive.

14. 180 Out

180 Out Formula 3

Jan 4, 2012
    San Leandro, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill Henley
    Sunday 18 Nov.

Location to be determined by participants, say 0800 departure? Back by noon.

I have a drive in mind;

---however, I am completely open to discovering new roads in new regions so; it's wide open...suggestions welcome.

1. Italiani
    2. 180 Out

15. islandguy

islandguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Northern CA & NV
    If you end up starting south of SF or in the east bay let me know - I'm in. Not sure I want to drive through the city ;)

16. Semik

Semik Karting

Oct 12, 2011
    Sausalito
    Full Name:
    M
    Is the drive still happening despite the rain? Will bring Owen or Faye if it's too wet out.

17. testarossamia

testarossamia Rookie

Nov 7, 2012
    Pacifica
    Full Name:
    David Jawor
    Are we still on for Sunday? 80% chance of rain, but that could diminish by tomorrow. Hopefully. I'm really looking forward to getting out with some other exotics. Planning to meet you at 8AM unless drive is cancelled. Thanks!

18. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani
    ....in the rain is something everyone should try once...

Check your pm

19. Semik

Semik Karting

Oct 12, 2011
    Sausalito
    Full Name:
    M
    Sunday 18 Nov.

1. Italiani
    2. 180 Out
    3. Semik

PM meet up info, pls! Thanks heaps! :)

20. 180 Out

180 Out Formula 3

Jan 4, 2012
    San Leandro, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill Henley
    I am also needing meet-up info. The weather forecast is looking good enough to make it a "go." The latest forecast I've seen says the rain is supposed to end before dawn. I really can't take my '83 out in real rain yet, but we can handle sprinkles.

21. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani
    I will be up early if you folks want a drive, rain doesn't put me off.

All interested parties have my phone number...

22. Semik

Semik Karting

Oct 12, 2011
    Sausalito
    Full Name:
    M
    Nor me.

Though Sophia's staying put, unless it dries up overnight. Owen/Faye and I will see you tomorrow. I'll plan on leaving by 7:30 to get to....wherever it is we end up meeting by 8 (new funny hat in tow).

If it's pouring or particularly crappy out, we can just do a small drive and get some food, providing there's interest. There's a place in Muir you know I like... :p

23. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani
    Albany....beautiful day !

24. testarossamia

testarossamia Rookie

Nov 7, 2012
    Pacifica
    Full Name:
    David Jawor
    Drat! Had to head down south unexpectedly for an emergency with one of my patients. The TR lives up here full time, while you know I spilt my time between two places. Hope to catch you all next time. Have a great drive. Thanks.

25. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani
    ...thank you for some new roads, a bit of a challenge in the damp conditions.

Sunny cool day?

Yes please.

Thanks.