F-car mechanics I can rely on in/near Connecticut | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F-car mechanics I can rely on in/near Connecticut

Discussion in 'New England' started by Col. Kurtz, Mar 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Allard54

Allard54 Karting

Dec 11, 2009
    CT.
    Full Name:
    Marcel Perlman Ph.D.
    I was at Pollard's just last Friday with my 456....good shop, good attitude, neat cars, fair prices less than 10 miles from my house...what more can you ask for? For older Ferraris Iwouid check out Domenick's European Cars in White Plains, N.Y....great shop , neat people...2nd generation Ferrari folks...Marc

2. DDD

DDD Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    Col where did you end up going??????

3. andrews1958

andrews1958 Karting

Apr 29, 2013
    Maine / Namibia
  4. MadColonel67

MadColonel67 Rookie

Jan 3, 2013
    Warren, CT
    Full Name:
    Michael Maddalena
    Consider Auto Turismo Sport in New Milford, CT. Been around since 1970 and occupies 9,000 sq. ft. The shop owner, Steve Mastroianni has huge experience in Ferraris and has a stockpile of NOS and used parts for the older cars. The shop has Sean Sheridan, formerly a member of SportAuto's team. Sean is great with just about everything and a terrific engine builder. Definitely worth a look. Auto Turismo Sport, Ltd | If it ain't broke it probably needs maintenance.

5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I would highly recommend Tommy and his team at P1 if you are looking for a great independent.

If you are looking for a dealer then I think Miller is your best bet and Lee is excellent.

Two great choices.

6. DDD

DDD Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    So Walter AKA Col. Kurtz where did you go???

7. Col. Kurtz

Col. Kurtz Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    Walter E.
    Hi Domenic,

Apologies for not answering the question (both times!). I should learn to revisit my own threads.

Last year I changed the oil, filters, etc and did the necessary checks with Peter Lombardo's help (great guy btw). It got me more familiar with the car and worked out great.

This year I will try either Miller's or FNE as I want more extensive maintenance done and need to see for myself just how good they are. Part of the rationale is that I want it done promptly and as close to winter as I can. I do not believe I can get that promptness out of a privateer.

FYI - I will try Bill Pollard's shop at some stage depending on the work needed and when. Aside from FChat positive comments, he was also referred to me by a trusted mechanic half way across the US. It's rare to get a referral from that far if it's not warranted.

Hope this helps.

8. DDD

DDD Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    Walter,
    I know Peter Lombardo and glad he was able to help. Bill Pollard also has a very good reputation. If you are going to go to FNE, I would consider IFS Independent Ferrari Service and Sales | Auto Repair and Dealer in South Easton, MA 02375, Peter also knows John Tirrell well.

John began working at Autohaus, one of the original Ferrari dealers in the Northeast. He not only has incredible knowledge but is also an accomplished racer in Ferrari Challenge Car Racing Challenge Car Racing.

I have gotten to know John well over the past 6 years he is one of the best and has tremendous passion along with incredible knowledge. You can visit his shop and will be impressed.

Good luck and keep us posted.

9. wrk2ownCT

wrk2ownCT Karting

Nov 30, 2012
    Madison CT
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I second DDD's assessment of John @ IFS.. He's the bedt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Col. Kurtz

Col. Kurtz Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    Walter E.
    Just got my car back from Bill Pollard's SportAuto.

The work was a little more involved than just a change of fluids.

Very happy with the work, knowledge of the car, communication, attention to the car, and end result.

Most importantly - I trust the guy.

11. DDD

DDD Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    Walter,
    Thanks for the update. Good to hear, though I have not met him in person yet, Bill has been around a long time and is one of a handful of experienced Mechanics. Almost next door is Forza Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini Automobiles Bought and Sold, they sell many Ferraris and Exotics. I know Peter very well and it is worth stopping in. Please give him my best when you go. Bill also knows him well.
    DDD

12. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    Where exactly do you live New England is a huge area of many states? Sorry I do not have a recommendation but I would take it to a place that does TR work often, not just occasionally.

13. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2005
    Connecticut
    Nino's garage in Simsbury, CT does work on Italian cars. I use Independent Ferrari Service in Mass for my major work, but I have found Nino to be good for routine stuff. He is a good option if you live in central CT and don't want to go all the way to IFS or Bill Pollard.

14. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Just dropped mine off, today actually, at Auto Turismo Sport in New Milford CT.

Steve is a master (not just because his dad used to drive him to school in his SII GTO ;) So is Sean

I trust them. They're transparent and I can go walk under my car and they'll show me right there. Good dudes. And Dan their protege is a really good mechanic (he'll go places, kids awesome).