ez pass? | FerrariChat

ez pass?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ttforcefed, Oct 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    so ez pass sent me some new tags. i thought the bridges were now badgeless. what am i missing? are they necessary or not?

2. kevin323

kevin323 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Believe you get a discount using the pass

3. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    so do the new tags monitor anything that the old ones cldnt lol?

4. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Yep, discount with ez pass. I believe you can register the pass with your plate(s), then no pass necessary in the car.

5. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Great way to hide the actual toll paid from the consumer, especially with auto-refill.

Take a look next time you do a bridge/tunnel. Try and find the price posted...typically only in the cash lanes and verrrry small signs.

And the EZ pass "discount"?
    Only available in your state of residence. All the other money grubbing lil state govs basically said screw the out of state drivers.

Hey, I like the convenience, but the structure is annoying.

6. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Here you go: EZPass FAQs
    Toll-by-Plate works by allowing all motorists to travel through Toll-by-Plate locations without stopping to pay, even those who do not have an E-ZPass tag.
    • With an E-ZPass tag - Drivers with a valid E-ZPass tag in their vehicle have their tolls automatically deducted from their E-ZPass account and, as long as their account is in good standing, they do not receive Toll Bills. They also pay a lower toll rate than customers who do not have a tag. To avoid any problems, customers should make sure their license plate is on their account and for maximum convenience the auto-pay feature is recommended.
    • No E-ZPass tag - Drivers without a valid E-ZPass tag in their vehicle are mailed a bill for their tolls, usually within 30 days. A photo of the vehicle’s license plate is taken at the time of the transaction and the plate number is used to obtain the vehicle’s registered owner information from the state motor vehicle office. This is the address typically used to mail your Toll Bill, however in some cases the bill may be mailed to an updated address provided by the United States Postal Service or to a customer-provided address.

7. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    thanks clyde!