Extra bits in service | FerrariChat

Extra bits in service

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Themaven, Sep 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    My 575 is having a cambelt service later this month. The definition of a “service” seems to vary widely, for instance Fchat member/sponsor @SAFEFORNOW mentions in another forum:

“...all fluids, filters... + Actually performing charging and cooling system tests, nut& bolting the suspension, running DIES test on the entire car, treating seals and gaskets...”

i v much doubt my dealer does any of the above apart from the fluids and filters. How much is relevant for the 575? It has seals and gaskets but do these really get treated in a service? If no, should they be? What about the suspension nut and bolting?

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    The minimum requirements are shown in your owners manual (and often posted here...) - if you don't trust them to do it right send it elsewhere

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Darius- A cambelt service is actually separate from most checks (5 years or very rarely 30,000 miles) and most folks just do a bunch of other stuff (me included) because it is convenient. Look in the service schedule and if you want them to do other tasks tell them you want a XXX mile service, one that includes much of the other arcane stuff. Could get expensive, though, since all that stuff takes time.

white out likes this.
  4. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    OK, good to know, thank you Taz.

5. 12659

12659 Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2005
    Seattle WA. USA
    Full Name:
    mark
  6. 12659

12659 Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2005
    Seattle WA. USA
    Full Name:
    mark
    P.S. Check the accessory belt idlers and the water pump. The bearings are living in a harsh environment, and they often are overlooked. I did all the work myself with the kind eye of a former F-car mechanic looking over my shoulder, particularly the timing belts. Since my hourly rate is $0, the only cost was parts which came to a total of $900+-.

F456M likes this.
  7. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Love the photos, thanks so much for sharing!