Experiences with Scottsdale Ferrari Service? | FerrariChat

Experiences with Scottsdale Ferrari Service?

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Prashant Jolepalem, Apr 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Prashant Jolepalem

Mar 31, 2020
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    PJ
    Hello all,

I'm a new Ferrari owner having picked up an '83 308 GTS QV after years of window shopping. The car has a small drip from either the fuel distributor or fuel pump. The fuel system is one of the few systems that haven't been upgraded or restored on this car.

I could probably fix it on my own but I don't have a lift, and it seems like the two preferred mechanics in the area are going to be closed for the forseeable future.

My question is, would this be something you would trust the dealership with or would I just be better off waiting? Has anyone taken their older models to be worked on by the dealership?

Besides them overcharging me, my other concern is the previous owner got all his work done Ferrari of Salt Lake City. And though the car runs great, according to the service records it seems like everytime they worked on the car they would create a new problem (at the owner's expense of course) or they would miss something.

2. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    WilyB likes this.
  3. Prashant Jolepalem

Mar 31, 2020
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    PJ
    Like I mentioned, it seems like FMS is going to be closed for a long time. Can't even get anyone on the phone there.

4. Prashant Jolepalem

Mar 31, 2020
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    PJ
    I stand corrected. Andy finally picked up and said he never closes, lol. I'm sure he will get me sorted out.

5. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    He lives like next door and
    Never vacations. He is very passionate

azfast1 likes this.
  6. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Alex Traverso. Do a search on this site. I believe he is a better choice.

technom3 likes this.
  7. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Andy at FMS is a good choice for 80s Ferraris, but he's always busy so expect to see the car back right around the time they find a vaccine for Covid-19, but he will always try to find a cheaper route to fix an issue. Expect to pay 2-3x more at the dealer.

Prashant Jolepalem likes this.
  8. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Give Alex traverso a call. He is excellent and incredibly honest. He is a guy that will earn your business for life and make you feel like a friend.

Great guy and have been using him for 10-15 years.

9. Prashant Jolepalem

Mar 31, 2020
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    PJ
    I spoke to Alex first because he was more responsive and I would prefer to use him because it’s a shorter drive for me , but he’s gonna he closed for a month or more.

from the other threads it seems like people are split on Alex vs Andy. In my scenario where my car went wrong within a week of bringing it home I’m just thankful we have multiple options besides the dealer and their ridiculous markups

technom3 likes this.
  10. Allen F

Allen F Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2006
    AZ / PNW / NYC
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Try Lusso Motor Sports (I'm NOT affiliated) but I've used them for Ferrari service and other exotics (they've worked on my Wraith and 720S as well). 480-500-5390. Lusso is pretty good at getting cars in and out.

11. Prashant Jolepalem

Mar 31, 2020
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    PJ
    I ended up getting it into Andy at FMS, actually twice so far. He does good work for a reasonable price and is very knowledgeable. The turnaround time is a little variable and it seems like they have a lot of projects going at various stages of completion so it’s hard to say when you’ll get your car back. He did make it up to me by having towed back to my house at his expenses when it was finished. I’d be willing to give Alex a try but Andy will probably be my go to for anything major .

12. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Try European Motor Sports in DeerValley. Steve M. [email protected] 480-307 0993 Tell him Dennis sent you!

13. TR91

TR91 Karting

Mar 8, 2008
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Agree. It's an Alex thing. 480-241-8877.

technom3 likes this.
  14. otoupalik

otoupalik Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Brad Otoupalik
    Tim at British Automotive in Scottsdale looks after our 550. he is Factory trained and they do a significant amount of Ferrari. Highly recommended.

15. Richard Bailey

Jul 14, 2018
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Full Name:
    Richard Bailey
    #15 Richard Bailey, Jul 16, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2020
    All the Ferrari owners/ enthusiasts I know go to Steve at EMC- Exclusive Motorcars of Arizona.
    I have a humble little collection of newer and classic Ferrari’s and Steve has amazing workmanship and my Ferrari’s run superb.
    He has a nice facility in Deer Valley Airpark
    I’ve won platinum trophies with his restorations too.
    Anyway, hands down Steve at EMC- Exclusive Motorcars of Arizonaif you want to deal with the best
    I’m sure others in the valley are good, but I’m telling you what’s the word on the street for the BEST ;)
    Steve’s phone # 480-225-7125

Gbrittain99 likes this.
  16. Pirate75

Pirate75 Karting

Feb 19, 2008
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    JT
    I agree. Steve is currently working on one of mine and he is top notch. Extremely knowledgeable and actually cares about giving the customer the best service possible.

Sent from my KFDOWI using FerrariChat.com mobile app

17. otoupalik

otoupalik Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Brad Otoupalik
    EMC is actually about 2 miles from my office (we just moved from Cali and leased a space across from the airport). Thanks for the heads-up. Great to have a second resource and I will go over and meet him (once Covid calms down!). Makes sense as I see so many prancing horses early in the morning when coming to work! lol

18. Prashant Jolepalem

Mar 31, 2020
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    PJ
    Thanks I'll give Steve a try! Alex got Covid for a second time and it seems like FMS is up to their ears in work and can't give me a firm time table.

19. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I want to throw Steves name in the ring as an awesome guy as well! He, his shop and his work is spectacular.

Prashant Jolepalem likes this.
  20. georgekief

georgekief Rookie

Nov 5, 2010
    Anyone here mentioning Steve at EMC is correct. The absolute best. Unbelievable attention to detail. Once you discover his level of service and restoration, you’ll never look further. He’s been working on these exotics since the 70’s and 80’s when these cars were new!

copterjon likes this.
  21. Prashant Jolepalem

Mar 31, 2020
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    PJ
    I got in touch with Steve and he’s gonna work on my 308. I’m excited but worried about how much this is gonna cost me!

22. georgekief

georgekief Rookie

Nov 5, 2010
    Don’t be worried, be excited!
    Hope to see your car someday.
    G

Prashant Jolepalem and copterjon like this.
  23. Gbrittain99

Gbrittain99 Rookie

Nov 2, 2017
    Full Name:
    Guy Britt
    Steve is tremendous and surrounded by brilliant
    Techs 50% of Penske with better service!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

24. Prashant Jolepalem

Mar 31, 2020
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    PJ
  25. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Based on your first picture, it looks like the car was neglected and that costs money to make right. What did you have done?