Experience with ExoticCars Usa? | FerrariChat

Experience with ExoticCars Usa?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by dahveedem, Feb 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    Hi all ..curious if this is an anomaly or a standard treatment of customers.

Have a good friend of mine who just bought a 430 and took it for service at exoticcars usa. Mind you ..he used to have his other semi exotic serviced there with no issues.

I realize there are 2 sides to every story but the one I just heard is completely effed up. I mean who curses at a customer and throws their keys at them? Someone is off their meds imho

While I'll leave it up to my buddy to provide specific details..was looking for some feedback. Positive or negative.

I've experienced similar attitudes toward Ferrari owners lately and it seems to be getting worse. Proprietors think we'll just cave to the first number they throw at us for service and went question anything.

Mobilized reply by Dahveedem

2. shashi27

shashi27 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2006
    Long Valley, NJ
    Full Name:
    Shashi
    Wil and Sandy's do Groot's shop? Sounds odd. They have worked on my Pantera and finished supercharging my 308 for me. They were nice enough to come in on a weekend so I could pick up my car. Wil had an F40 in his shop and I had never really seen one up close. He took the cover off so I could look at it. Related to my cars they made recommendations but were never pushy. They do good work. Can't speak for your friends experience but I would not hesitate to take my cars back to them. Good luck.

3. MrMark

MrMark Karting

Apr 3, 2013
    Louisiana, USA
    I have a car being serviced at ExoticarsUSA right now. The owners and staff have been completely courteous and professional in all of their interactions with me.

4. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    ExoticCars in Frenchtown has been around for a long while. I've seen many vintage cars in the shop as I've been to many of their Ferrari events.
    I've had my 355 serviced at Will & Sandy's.
    Those are good folks, including the two mechanics I've dealt with. Consummate professionals. Heck, who else has designed & built his own car, even rolling the body metal himself? That's passion.
    If those events are accurate, I can't imagine how hard the customer must have pushed them.

5. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    Thanks for the replies. I've always heard good things too. So it's kinda odd.

Seems like a lot of shops are popping up lately.

Mobilized reply by Dahveedem

6. mkzhang

mkzhang Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hi, so I am the friend that David was referencing. I do not want to stir up any drama so I will keep this very brief and neutral.

If you do a general google search of my user name along with exoticars usa, you will see that I have referred them to anyone and everyone on fchat, 6speed, and many other forums and is always ready to help uphold their reputation. They've done all but 1 job on my Aston, and that was because I needed an alignment on a weekend. Their staff was always courteous and highly professional.

I've bumped into Wil and Sandy many times at local events, share some of the same friends, and while I do not know Wil well, I consider Sandy a good friend. However this was the first time I've dealt with Wil directly to put together a job--between some miscommunication and him having a bad day (as I was told), my experience with him was pretty toxic, and frankly a big surprise given our history.