Experience w/ Car Club Track Events | FerrariChat

Experience w/ Car Club Track Events

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by venusone, Oct 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    What clubs have you driven w/ on track? What was the best part? Porsche club for me in a 911 was fun. My times were 5 sec faster in the 2 mi Roebling run than the owner's. You? Ever get to drive a Supercar?

2. wise3

wise3 Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Ward Orndoff
    I'm a long time track fanatic. Not one of the elite, no Michael S, just love the track. I've driven with FCA, FOC and Porsche club over the last 26 years (instructed for the last one), plus a couple of Florida clubs. All are a blast, to me. The things they all have in common are the joy of spirited driving, and a group of people with a common interest. Almost everyone is happy to discuss lines, car set-ups and care, etc. If I had to pick just one club as a favorite, it would be one of the FL clubs. It was invitation only -- its members were selected from various other clubs -- and you knew just about everyone and their driving styles and capabilities. Also, there was no restriction on what you drove. I've passed a 962, and been passed by a Beetle (not stock, but still...). The Porsche club has always been fairly regimented during my membership years, due in part to the large membership and turnouts. The Ferrari clubs used to be more lax, with their smaller groups, but nowadays their numbers rival the Porsche meets, and of course the cars have gotten faster, so a little more control is a good thing.
    As for supercars, I put about a hundred track miles on a friend's 288 GTO. Simply incredible -- made my 308 feel like Mom's old Chevy Caprice. When I win the lottery, I'm buying one -- I don't care if the 430 is as quick. I've also had seat time in some quick Porsches, an NSX (nice), Warren Mosler's Consulier (great handling), but never pushed them like the 288. wow, long winded response....