Exoticar Body Shop in Louisiana? | FerrariChat

Exoticar Body Shop in Louisiana?

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by David Lind, Mar 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    I have a 2 panel scrape on a Lotus, and I want an expert in dealing with either Lotus or other fiberglass / carbon fiber panels. These two panels must be removed from the car and, by the way, they comprise the entire bodywork of the car forward of the doors.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. cscott

cscott Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Chris Scott
    Allen's body shop in Sorrento could do it. He has built himself resto-mod and custom cars. I know he once owned a Lotus. He did a bare metal job on my 308. I have used L&M next to Linday's in nola. He has worked on multiple cars of mine including a 355 and he just did my friends Viper front end. Hope that helps

3. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
  4. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    Ditto on Allen's body shop in Sorrento. Kenny Allen has built award-winning hot rod's for many years and does incredible work. He is not just a paint shop owner. He is a car enthusiast that just happens to own a paint shop. When I restore my 308, Kenny will do the paint.

5. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    By the way David, we drove each other's cars many years ago. My Tr, your Mondial?, and Tellarico's Lotus. August 2005 as I recall. Right before Katrina. And Chris, I drove your 355 before your dad gave it to you. Good to see that you both are still playing with Ferrari's. We need to get together again. Katrina pretty much killed fun Ferrari stuff in Louisiana plus many other fun things.

6. markjeansonne

markjeansonne Rookie

Dec 7, 2017
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Mark A. Jeansonne
    David, the new Lotus received an injury?
    Were you exercising the car in a curve, or did some ass in a parking lot take liberties?

7. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    A lady backed into me about 80 feet from my office, & it scraped both front components. Nice lady, apologetic, etc. I wanted to be furious and fuming with her, but I couldn't do it! But when we pulled into my office parking lot and saw I was a lawyer she started crying. No big deal ... nobody hurt, but I want it fixed properly.
    Thanks for the advice.

Yes, we drove each others cars just pre-K. You had a carb 308 & a Testarossa, I had (have) a Mondial 3.2, & Paul T had an Elise. I have pics from that day ... Have you spoken to Paul recently? On the way to the Austin Indycar race we talked about you. We need another multi-car tour. Any good roads down in the bayou?

Cheers