Exotic on Cannery Row replacement for 2019? | FerrariChat

Exotic on Cannery Row replacement for 2019?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by fotostars, May 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fotostars

fotostars Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Bay Area
    Sooo I was going to bring some friends down to Monterey on the last Saturday of Car Week for EOC but reading online, it looks like it's not happening anymore.
    They're implying that there will be a similar event at a different location.

Anyone close to the organizer has any clues?

2. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I just asked the organizer. She said they out grew Cannery Row. She said they are signing up with Seaside

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

3. fotostars

fotostars Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Bay Area
    Ok. Great! Can’t wait for the official word on when/where/what. Trying to plan a few things right now :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. v35

v35 Karting

May 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    EOCR will be on the same day but different venue in Seaside. Official announcement will come soon.

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Ask my buddy petfred, he used to organize it. I will let u know. I know he moved to Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. ferraritom

ferraritom Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Seaside California
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #6 ferraritom, Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    Its now called, "Exotics On Broadway" in Seaside CA. August 17, 2019 from 3-9 pm. Broadway will be closed down all day, from Fremont to Del Monte. I just talked to the city and they are in the very early stages of setting up this event, so hope for the best!... Like - Exotics On Broadway, on Facebook...

7. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    It should be interesting...Seaside, in an effort to revitalize the `downtown' Broadway area, completely redid the street and sidewalks (agonizingly slow process) and it looks really nice. But the storefronts are still distressed with numerous vacancies. I think Seaside is hoping to inject some attention to make it a more desirable place to visit...no so currently. I often visit a coffee shop there but have seen little else of interest along Broadway.

8. JimEakin

JimEakin Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Mountain Living
    Full Name:
    Jim
    In addition to the amazing cars, the ambiance of Cannery Row was special. I think it was the wrong choice to not be on Cannery Row anymore. Limit the number of cars instead of change the venue. (But perhaps there were issues with the City?)

9. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 30, 2006
    If you ever stayed in one of the hotels on Cannery Row while this event was happening, it was very irritating. I stayed at the Intercontinental on the water twice during car week and the exotics event shut down the street and was noisy enough to be heard from inside the rooms, restaurant, etc. It also made it difficult to return to the hotel while the event was running. I suspect the local businesses wanted it gone.

Manda racing likes this.