Exotic Car Show for Non-Profit: Need Participants!!! | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Exotic Car Show for Non-Profit: Need Participants!!!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by chrcowan, Jan 23, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mlambert890

mlambert890 Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2002
    CA
    We were joking about the "domestic exile" too :D Im sure it was just logistics, but the little wall of orange flags separating that section made it really funny.

Definitely a fantastic turnout. Great collection of Vipers, and the Ford GTX1 and Stryper were HUGE surprises!

We figured the NSX crew would have the Japan criteria on lockdown, but then those pesky GT-Rs showed up ;)

2. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Sounds like a good time. Lets see some pix.

Bob- Eatin hospital fast food in Delaware looking outside at the nice weather.

3. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    #128 dlbutler, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
    Fantastic show! I enjoyed the conversations and the after show drive.

BTW, I left my chair there; unfortunately, unlike my head, it's not attached. :) If anyone picked up a small white tube frame folding chair, please let me know. Thanks!

4. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    This was a heckuva good show. The variety of cars was pretty amazing. Congrats and thanks to all the volunteers from Castaway Critters for all their work to get this really right first time out.

5. JROD9496

JROD9496 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Jared
    Great time at the car show today and was definitely worth the drive. That was the best car show I've been to yet and can't wait for more this year. Insane sounds and accelerations at the end of the show. Great job on the event all together and a special thanks to the owner of the Delaware Ferrari 599 GTO for letting me sit in it.
    Pictures: https://picasaweb.google.com/103299510635054684777/HersheyCarShow?authkey=Gv1sRgCImotanS0f6XXg#
    Hope I got most of it.
    Thanks,
    Jared

6. Jazzman

Jazzman Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Hi Don

I was helping with cleanup afterwards and yes there was a lone folding chair left on the field. We thought about taking it up to the museum for them to hold but we thought someone might come back looking for it at the field so we put it up next to where the vendors were located. Maybe if you call the museum someone could pick up the chair and hold it for you or maybe you know someone who lives in the area who could pick it up. Sorry I can't be more helpful. I am glad you enjoyed the show.

Ken

7. FerrariCrazy

FerrariCrazy Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2009
    Center Valley, PA
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Wow. I missed a hellava show.

8. Tonk

Tonk Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    What an amazing event. Besides there not being many "critters" there, the turnout was incredible. Seeing TWO 599 GTO's at the same event, plus an F40, Spyker C8, Ford GTX1, Lister Corvette, the Scuderias, and all the other rare and amazing sports cars all in one place was just wonderful. My (edited) pictures will be up in a few days.

9. exoticcarfan

exoticcarfan Karting

May 17, 2010
    Pottstown PA
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    amazing show. i will be posting up a couple of my better pics that i took in a few days.

10. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    #135 autowerks9, May 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This was my first pic of the day that I had a chance to edit !! I will post some more later.

What a great event and an awsome turnout. Thanks to Tom, mary, Betsy and crew for a home-run on their first event.......many more to come.

David
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    #136 kvisser, May 1, 2011
    When I saw Tom Clark's first post about this benefit car show, I thought it was a great idea t a great location, the ACCA car museum in Hershey. I couldn't have imagined just how well everything came together. Then Tom got Dave Olimpi involved. He is a noted Ferrari enthusiast and concours judge. Dave then got myself and Ed involved to assist with the judging.

We were happy to throw our collective efforts to play our small part in helping Tom with this effort. The fact that 99 cars from 7 states showed up is a testament to his efforts and the enthusiasm of the car owners. Thanks to everyone that made the considerable effort to attend and help make this a successful show.

The judging part was actually rather complicated due to the incredible variety of cars on the show field. If anyone has any suggestions on how Tom and his crew can even make this better, please put your thoughts together and share them.

warm regards

ken

12. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    #137 captglen, May 1, 2011
  13. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
    #139 tclark, May 2, 2011
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
    Many, Many thanks to everyone who participated in this event. We really enjoyed having it and as I'm sure all of you know, it really will help in Castaway Critters Fundraising goal for the year. There's quite a few people on Fchat that really helped us make this inaugural event a success. A couple of them that I would really like to thank are David from Autowerks.9 for donating the beautiful awards. I know he worked many nights in order to get them finished by Saturday, and I was floored by how gorgeous they turned out. Thankyou David.

Also Barry from Presidential Details for donating the $1,000.00 detailing gift certificate that was raffled off. Thankyou Barry.

And a huge thanks also to Dave Olimpi, Ken Visser and Ed Warburton for their generous donation of time and effort to make the entire judging aspect of the show fall into place. There is no way we could have handled this without their knowledge and expertise.

And also thanks to some of the local crew who handled the parking, registrations and cleanup, namely Ken and Vicki Shoap, Craig Yocum and John and Carol Rinehart.

But lets face it guys, without you and your cars, there wouldn't have been a show. And we were flattered by the caliber and quality of the cars that signed up as well as the distances that some of you came from to help our cause. I truely wish I could have talked to everyone of you and thanked you in person. It just didn't happen. So the best I can do now is say THANKYOU for participating, and we hope you can join us again next year.

Tom Clark

Oh and by the way, I'll be adding some pics to the ones alreay posted.

14. SpykerBAS

SpykerBAS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2009
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    B. Sokolow
    I was surprised to see a Stryper there as well

15. Barry@PresidentialDetails

BANNED

Nov 7, 2009
    Lancaster PA
    Full Name:
    Barry Theal
    Thank for a great event Tom!

16. JROD9496

JROD9496 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Jared
    Here are some sounds of the sounds from the car show:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbOlLYIFJQE&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

Sorry, if the title isn't the best.
    There will be a video of the cars leaving later.
    Thanks,
    Jared

17. Tonk

Tonk Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I should be done my pictures tonight. Had a very busy week. I edited about 80-ish pictures last night.

18. Tonk

Tonk Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    Full Name:
    Chris
  19. exoticcarfan

exoticcarfan Karting

May 17, 2010
    Pottstown PA
    Full Name:
    Kurt
  20. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
  21. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Good article, thanks for the link Don. Both Ed's and Brett's cars were certainly a tough choice. I first saw Brett's last summer at Chesterbrook, and was amazed then. Just a pretty rare beast.

22. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    #148 kvisser, May 12, 2011
    What do you mean pretty rare. You see this every day (if you are Brett)

Loved seeing this car and all its immaculate details. That turned dash and shifter linkage and pedal setup are works of mechanical engineering beauty.

23. JROD9496

JROD9496 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Jared
    Just wanted to post all of my favorite cars that left the show. Sorry for posting so late:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N2-9NHigSo&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]
    Thanks,
    Jared