Exotic Car Show for Non-Profit: Need Participants!!! | FerrariChat

Exotic Car Show for Non-Profit: Need Participants!!!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by chrcowan, Jan 23, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chrcowan

chrcowan Rookie

Jan 23, 2011
    Hello all,

There is an exotic car show in Hersey, PA on April 30th that needs participants. I’m bringing my 2008 Viper and a few friends. It should be a great event.

Also if you're interested in cruising up from VA or MD to PA together in the morning, then just let me know. I'll pulling some other groups together for the drive up.

1st Annual Castaway Critters
    “Cool Cars for Cats and Canines”
    April 30, 2011 (10:00am-2:00pm)
    Antique Auto Museum, Hershey

We are looking for owners of exotic cars to participate in our first Annual Exotic Car Show. Participants have the chance to showcase their cars, meet with other car enthusiasts, and compete for crowd voted favorites and win prizes. What is an “exotic” car by our definition? Most simply stated it is a car that has limited production, scarcity or has been personalized/created in an unusual way. It is generally not intended for a large market audience of buyers. If you see it on the road regularly, in parking lots, or a traffic jam, it is not an exotic car. Some examples of exotic cars are marques such as Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Bentley, Lotus, Bugatti, McLaren, Maserati, etc. Time-honored supercars, such as Porsches and Corvettes, among others, are also welcome. We want YOU and your special car. Come join us for a day of car fun and you’ll be helping homeless animals in need.

Your $20 donation will include the following:
    One car entry into the show
    Entry into the “Owners Tent” (complimentary breakfast/lunch)
    One entrance ticket to the Antique Auto Museum

Registrations will be accepted until April 10th, 2011.

Please Return Registration Form, along with your $20 donation to:
    Castaway Critters
    c/o Mary Sherrick
    410 Market St
    New Cumberland, PA 17070

For more info, see our website at www.castawaycritters.org
    Or call 717-919-0466

2. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
    Guys and Gals,
    Most of the Camp Hill Cars and Coffee group know that my wife Betsy is the Chairman of the no kill animal rescue "Castaway Critters". This show is a fund raiser for them. We really, really need to get as many exotic cars there as possible. I'll post a link in the Camp Hill cars and coffee thread. It's for a really great cause and need lots of participants. Please keep April 30th open.
    Thanks,
    Tom

3. chrcowan

chrcowan Rookie

Jan 23, 2011
    #3 chrcowan, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011

4. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    This sounds like a great thing Tom. I'll keep the date open.

5. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    I will keep the date designated on my calendar for the Scuderia. Jay and I can spread the word among the WestChester PA. Cars and coffee crowd. Jon in Delaware

6. Mondog1

Mondog1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2006
    Philly burbs
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Good organization!!! My wife and I almost adopted a very petite Basset girl from them about 3.5-4 years ago. I'm still on the email list.

7. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
    Thanks guys, it should be a great day.

8. chrcowan

chrcowan Rookie

Jan 23, 2011
    Should be a great day! please pass the word!

9. Jazzman

Jazzman Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I will definitely be there with the 360 spider. Castaway Critters is a fantastic organization that does a great job. Let me know anything I can do to help.

10. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
    I knew I could count on the Lurgan constituents!!!!!!

11. chrcowan

chrcowan Rookie

Jan 23, 2011
    I just wanted to ad that you'll need to complete the participation form and mail it in if you want to show your car. Mary Sherrik is organizing the event and she asked me to help get the word out. I know she would like to start getting a list of attendees as soon as she can (so she can use it in the advertising).

Here is the link to the event page: http://www.castawaycritters.org/info/display?PageID=10040

12. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    I am in. My life is filled with critters and feel for those that don't have a home.

Please keep this out there as I'm sure many of us will be there.

13. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
    Thanks Steve, it's greatly appreciated. Be sure to pass the info along to any other owners you know of in your area or between there and here.

14. FerrariCrazy

FerrariCrazy Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2009
    Center Valley, PA
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Sounds like an awesome cause! I'll have to check!

15. cyocum

cyocum Karting

May 16, 2010
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I'm in. April 30th shouldn't be a problem.

16. jrinehart

jrinehart Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2009
    Chambersburg, PA
    Full Name:
    John Rinehart
    I should be able make it. I got both our dogs as a rescue and feel it is important to support organizations like this one. I don't think Raven and Soco will fit in the 328 without some serious modifications so they probably will not make it. I think they would fit in Jay's Mondial so maybe he will come down and take them there.

17. Kevinw23

Kevinw23 Karting

Aug 18, 2007
    Its a ways off. But, I am in.

18. RVL Saratoga

RVL Saratoga Formula 3

Aug 27, 2010
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert
    This sounds like a great event for a worthy cause. Weather permitting, I'll venture south with my 328.

19. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
    Anthony, Craig, John, Kevin and Robert,,,, Thanks so much, it really really means alot. This is going to be quite a nice event, and all for such a great cause.

20. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    I'm in. Buzz up the main roads in the early morning and return home on the back roads along the river...and a car museum too! :)

21. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
    That's fantastic Donald. Drag some of those Lotus guys with you. I was just now on Lotustalk trying to drum up some business!!!

22. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    This event has been posted all over (I first saw it over on the Viper forums). I'm in at this point - I have 3 adopted critters myself. It should be a fun drive out and back, a good show, and a good cause.

Scott

23. lxc24

lxc24 Karting

Sep 24, 2004
    Carlisle, PA
    Full Name:
    Lance Cole
    Great location and great cause! Maybe I'll bring my TVR, just to add something a little different to the mix.
    Lance Cole

24. chrcowan

chrcowan Rookie

Jan 23, 2011
    I'd love to check out the TVR!

P.S. to Tom and everyone, I just wanted to say Mary Sherrik from Castaway reached out to me several weeks ago to help promote the event so that's why I'm getting involved here. I'm glad that Tom has a personal connection and as I'm active with the homeless animal organizations in Fairfax, VA, I'm glad to see the Ferrari owners do as well. See you all in the owners tent!!

25. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
    Thanks Scott for bringing the Viper from West Chester, and very nice of you to have previously adopted three animals. Lance, you continue to surprise me, as if the Fcars weren't enough. Yes it would be nice to have a TVR in attendance.

And chrcowan, just so you know, Mary Sherrick was at our house a few weeks ago when we started to "mastermind" the whole project. To be honest, when I first saw this thread, I thought that you must be Mary. Glad to see you support the whole idea, and am looking forward to seeing you on April 30th.