Exhaust Valve Remote | FerrariChat

Exhaust Valve Remote

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Lagunae92, Mar 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I got the Capristo Remote for the exhaust valves on the 812. It made a huge difference on the 458, but I am not hearing much of a difference in the cabin at all. On the outside of the car, it is obvious that the it is working, but from the interior, it is not. Does anyone else have experience with this on the 812? I understand it may be a more refined car with more sound deadening than the 458, but I’d like more from it! Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

2. MikeS

MikeS Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Mike S
    I also had the Capristo installed on my '20 812. It is effective below 3000 rpm, above valves are open anyway and the Capristo has no function. I also had the Capristo on my Speciale, more notable difference. While I can hear the difference on the 812 from the inside, it is more subtle than the exterior. However this thing howls above 5000 rpm- it is great. I do not want an exhaust system changeover but have been told an X pipe switchout would make a nice difference without being obnoxious.

LMH likes this.
  3. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Thanks for confirming what I’ve noticed. I’ll have to keep it high in the rev range!