exclusivecarregistry.com | FerrariChat

exclusivecarregistry.com

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Birel, Apr 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Birel

Birel Formula 3

Sep 12, 2005
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Andrew Turner
    Is this a safe website to log into? I'm always suspicious about creating accounts that need to be activated through a return email.
    Thanks

AT

2. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I think it is safe enough. The return email thing is fairly standard and basic to try to stop spam accounts registering with non-existent email addresses and that you haven't accidentally mistyped your address.

3. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    I believe this site is as safe as anything else on the internet. I also believe, that other than some "instagram" type pictures, you do not much information unless you pay for it!

4. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    It's been pretty safe as long as I've used it. The Admin seems to personally handle everything on that end, I suppose maybe that's why he went that route.

It used to display much more information, but I would imagine with the growing amount of cars & information such as VINs & chassis codes being shared, he might have been contacted by owners asking for such information not be revealed?

5. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    I don' think it has anything to do with owner's requests... It's like any member based site; build a user base to generate content until you get to a point where you have sufficient information that you can justify charging for it.

6. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    You're probably right. My guess was based off other registries I've seen like the P1/P1 GTR site where the admin specifically removed some cars due to owner requests.

But I think some credit is still due to how ECR keeps its information private/behind a pay wall. VINs for example, you can't buy access to. You'll have to actively contribute to the site with a certain amount of content to be given that information.

7. ExhaustVideos

ExhaustVideos Rookie

Jul 24, 2014
    I'm a paid member on this site. It is absolutely worth the money, as you get access to exclusive cars normally never seen before. There are even cars that you have to pay AND contribute enough in order to see. I like the way the site is set up, and the admins are extremely responsive and reasonable.

8. Birel

Birel Formula 3

Sep 12, 2005
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Andrew Turner
    Many thanks to you all for the helpful comments.

AT.