Excellent Major Service by T&R Automotive | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Excellent Major Service by T&R Automotive

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by 4RE886, Mar 31, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    That's Tony. Hope to see you out with us again soon, Cam!

2. kouroshoo7

kouroshoo7 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2007
    Full Name:
    Kourosh
    #127 kouroshoo7, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Cam... welcome. I hope you mean it when you say you're going to join us for more drives.

Did you guys know that Elvis is now working at T&R??!!
    Yep, saw him there when I took my car in to change out the mirrors. He was there inspecting all of Tony's work. Thanks Elvis, the mirrors came out great. :)

Also, thank you Tony for doing such a great job. You had to take them apart and reinforce the joints and I appreciate all the extra time you put in!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    #128 tr328, Dec 28, 2011
    Kouroshoo,

I saw your car at Tony's shop and installation of the carbon fiber mirrors were almost complete. How did they turn out?

I forgot to show you my kick sill panel Tony painted for me. The paint work turned out great and looks like it should have come that way from the factory. A little buffing and they now look brand new.

4. maestro8

maestro8 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 2, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Full Name:
    Jason
    OH SNAP!

I thought that cat looked familiar...

5. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino

6. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    I'm so tired of all the lousy-surfaced roads in San Francisco -- definitely tough driving for Ferraris. I guess all the bumpiness broke off a part on my engine bay lid.

The engine bay snaps that hold the vent grill on my engine bay lid popped off. I came in hot into Tony's station.

He checked it out, and he actually had the parts.

Before my engine could cool down, Tony installed the snaps, and I was back on the lousy-surfaced roads of San Francisco heading to the Promise Land (Elvis song).

Thanks, Tony!

Check 6.

/s/ Alfonso Faustino

7. EP328

EP328 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Took my 328 to Tony with electrical issues. Before starting any work he protected the interior with seat covers and masked off the rest of the interior. He promptly diagnosed and completed the repairs. Great work!

8. Tifoso Ferrari

Tifoso Ferrari Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate
    Tony was successful in nearly eliminating a nice big winshield rock chip that my 575M sustained during Saturday's Delta Dash. Yeah Tony!

9. cr6man

cr6man Karting

Feb 22, 2011
    Land of Fruit&Nuts
    Full Name:
    Harry
    You can add my compliments to the VERY FINE way in which Tony and crew handled the recent servicing of my 599.I could not trust just anyone to handle my 12 cylinder beauty,including some authorized Ferrari service establishments.Simply put,Tony is a man that really CARES for you and your car in a way that all people in his profession should,but almost never do.Tony, you are one in a million, and I truly believe that. Give this man you Exotic car,or any car you may have for servicing with complete confidence.

10. mresso

mresso Karting

Mar 6, 2012
    Santa Rosa
    Full Name:
    Mike R.
    #135 mresso, Mar 8, 2012
    Hi Folks,

I just purchased my first Ferrari a couple weeks ago and I'm looking for a good local mechanic. I live in Santa Rosa and would prefer to not have to drive to San Francisco for maintenance. Does anybody have any ideas or recommendations?

I've been a BMW guy for over 30 years, but I decided to take a walk on the wild side. I know this is basically a baby Ferrari, but it's my baby! :)

This is my first attempt at posting pics on this forum, so I hope it works.

Best Regards,
    Mike

11. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    If you don't want to go all the way into San Francisco to visit with Tony, then SF Motorsports in San Rafael is a great choice. John Heim is super (and so is Tony, but he's in SF).

12. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    Like that cell phone! Does it work?

13. Amnster

Amnster Karting

Jul 25, 2005
    NorCal
    Tony is awesome. We had a little issue (mostly my fault), and Tony stepped up and save the day. Highly recommended.

Thanks Tony

14. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    #139 ASFJr, Apr 30, 2012
    I enjoy viewing the flick, Ghost Rider; hence, I asked TAForza to do whatever he thought to give Saphira a ghostly night presence that would "Wow!" pedestrians and civilian drivers whenever I parked her in front of a restaurant at night or drove her at night. He came up with this LED lighting set-up for me.

He tested many LEDs for the high temperature environment in the engine bay...finally, he found a set of LEDs that could withstand the harsh temperature.

The first pic is through the engine bay lid glass screen in my paddock.

All the LEDs in the rear are activated through a little toggle switch; and, the front spoiler LEDs and the headlight LEDs are activated whenever I turn my headlights on or activate my parking light button in the center console.

Check 6.

/s/ Alfonso Faustino
    "I feel like my skull's on fire, but I'm good -- oh...and thanks for the water."

15. 4RE886

4RE886 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Those pics are great! Thanks for sharing. A loves LEDs and Elvis!

16. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    #141 ASFJr, May 8, 2012
    Saphira was getting the shakes pretty bad through the steering column and engine bay. I suspected that the engine mounts were worn out; hence, I drove her over to TAForza. He wasn't there, so Ed gave a look. He deduced the engine mounts and cooling fans were wearing out.

When TAForza got back, he confirmed Ed's assessment and replaced the parts (two engine mounts and two front cooling fans). Once I got her back, my status mode indicators flashed on with a bunch of diagrams of my car and the manettino switch didn't work.

TAForza found the right front speed sensor to have died. He replaced it.

Now, she's running a lot better and smoother. Many thanks, TAForza.

Check 6.

/s/ Alfonso Faustino

Yes -- I love Elvis and them LEDs -- Indeed, 4RE886, indeed. BTW, I'm still recovering from the beating you gave me on the tennis court -- damn, you hit hard and were really smacking the cover off those tennis balls! Rough day at the office? ;-)

Check 6.

/s/ Alfonso Faustino

17. barlettani

barlettani Rookie

Nov 23, 2009
    Martinez
    Been a looker on F-chat for years, just haven't posted much. I did learn, the place to bring your Ferrari was to Tony (T&R Automotive). Everybody was right. Brought mine into him for a annual service and repaint of the front bumper. Very happy with both. He gets my vote. I'll be doing my major service with Tony. Would love to participate in Saturdays runs when I have the time.

18. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    check your PM

19. TAFORZA

TAFORZA Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
    San Francisco, USA
    Full Name:
    Tony A.

20. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani
    Mike, Congratulations, Very, very nice color combo.

No sence in putting off dreams.
    Well done on a fine looking car. Really.

21. 4RE886

4RE886 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Thanks Tony for taking care of my simple daily driver! It is now driving without issues.

22. cr6man

cr6man Karting

Feb 22, 2011
    Land of Fruit&Nuts
    Full Name:
    Harry
    Took my 599 to Tony for tire replacement.As usual I put my Ferrari in his hands knowing that whatever he did,it would be right.Tony,ya went over-the-top again with the great recommendation on the change of tire type! Took the 599 out on the mountain roads this afternoon after your installation.....just when I thought she could not handle any better,these tires are a tremendous improvement!! Excellent service and exotic car knowledge are a standard at T&R for sure!!! Thanks again Tony!!! Cr6man,proud F.O.G. Member.

23. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    Cr6 -- when are you going to grace us with your presence again?

I want to see the new tires in action!!

24. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    What tires are we talking about?

25. cr6man

cr6man Karting

Feb 22, 2011
    Land of Fruit&Nuts
    Full Name:
    Harry
    Soon,,,,have to get this back sorted out.Miss you guys!