Excellent Major Service by T&R Automotive | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Excellent Major Service by T&R Automotive

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by 4RE886, Mar 31, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kouroshoo7

kouroshoo7 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2007
    Full Name:
    Kourosh
    tony is really an outstanding man...

2. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    Classic T&R service!

3. chabch

chabch Formula 3

Aug 15, 2010
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Yep, Tony is such a great guy. My TR is in his shop this week for its annual service. Cherry on the cake, Tony and I are also trying to give it singing lessons... :)

4. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    11-Nov-2011, @ 2415 hours PST: Saphira and I were heading back home from dinner with a couple of FOG guys at Left Bank in Marin.

As I approached the Golden Gate Bridge into SF, a warning light in Saphira's instrument panel began to flash.

I pulled over on the soft shoulder and called TAForza after midnight. He guided me through a process to get me rolling again and home.

Today, 11-Nov-2011, TAForza did a system check; he found and corrected the problem.

I don't know anyone that would be so accessible to provide me with excellent road-side service.

Many thanks TAForza.

Check 6.

/s/ Alfonso Faustino

5. 4RE886

4RE886 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Bob
    You can't ask for a better guy or a better Ferrari "doctor." This is the 3rd occasion that I am aware of Tony helping out well after normal business hours in just the past couple of months. Your are a true gentlemen and a great asset to our community. Thanks Tony!

6. chabch

chabch Formula 3

Aug 15, 2010
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Well, adding once again another example of Tony's dedication to his customers, while servicing my Testarossa this week, Tony noticed that my front spoiler had suffered a little but over the years and had a few cracks and even a small hole underneath.

He completely restored the spoiler with fiberglass, and did multiple layers of flexible paint, all complimentary to the service...

Seriously, how many shops would do this? This is a lot of work.

Thank you so much, Tony.

7. kouroshoo7

kouroshoo7 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2007
    Full Name:
    Kourosh
    A-
    you called poor tony in the middle of the night?
    so funny....

k

8. jd359

jd359 Formula Junior

Jul 28, 2004
    S.F. East Bay
    Full Name:
    J.D.
    Glad you made it home OK!

9. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    #109 ASFJr, Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
    4RE886: Concur.

chabch: TAForza threw in a lot of free stuff for my car and my sister's car. He didn't charge me for correcting the problem on my car; and, he didn't charge my sister for resetting the computer on her Mercedes.

I guess being frequent regular customers has its privelages. Thanks, TAForza.

BTW, your TR looks great; I was checking it out the other day.

Kourosh007: TAForza told me to always call him, anytime, before calling a tow truck.

He feels that most of the time he can fix the problem by walking the piloti through a process via mobile phone; thereby, eliminating the stress of putting the cavallino on a tow truck.

If he can't fix by phone, then he might send one his guys to the site; and, if the cavallina can't be fixed at the site, then the calling of a tow truck will take place.

So, I called him, past midnight, per his instructions to me; and, Wo-La -- I was on the road on my way home.

BTW, when are we gonna get together, dear?

Thanks!

Thanks, again, for the spendid drive and for allowing me to drive your Ferrari -- she is truly a wonderful car, and I enjoyed my saddle time with her.

I love Don's Hot Dogs. It's been about 5 years or so since I ate a hot dog due to my training and diet; and, eating that hot dog loaded with saurkrat on a hoagie (sp?) roll was so orgasmic!

Let's do that drive again next week! And, Hot Dog too!

10. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    #110 tr328, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just got my car back from T&R Automotive today.

First, I had my horn in my F360 replaced to a Ferrari air horn. Sounds great! Old horn sounded like a Ford, not a Ferrari. I could stand the old horn.

Next, Tony dyed my driver seat. He had the correct dye to match the rest of the car. He may have even mixed the dye to match my leather.

Lastly, Tony installed new driver and passenger mirrors with a split lens that eliminates the blind spots. Before I had adjusted my mirrors to some funky awkward angles to try and see cars in my blind spots. Now, with a little adjustment, the mirrors are in normal position and you can view cars approaching and passing you. A must for safety!

Thanks so much Tony!

Pointing at the split lens below:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    #111 butcher, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Once again, I have to thank Tony at T&R for the wonderful service performed on my Ferrari. I recently had my car in for yearly service and a minor facelift...Or more appropriately some new sexy clothes. I was able to find an OEM F355 Challenge grill and had T&R replace the stock component with a piece that is both beautiful and functional. In effect we replaced Monica's stock rosso corsa panties with some see-through and free flowing fish-net Lingerie. What do you guys think of this new look? Monica was never a shy one, and like an Itzkirb model, she is not too afraid to "show a little." In addition, Tony redyed my worn leather driver's seat bolster and parking brake cover. Tony, emailed me pics of his work and was always available for consult by shop, email or cellphone. He makes an effort to work around your busy schedule and is very timely in his efforts.

12. chabch

chabch Formula 3

Aug 15, 2010
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    I've always been a big fan of the challenge grill on 355s. I saw your car when I picked up mine on Wednesday. It looks fantastic with the new grill!

13. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Challenge grill look awesome. Great addition to the B.

14. Financialman

Financialman Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    San Jose CA
    Full Name:
    Dan Carpenter
    Love the challenge grill! I think Monica will be fine "showing a bit more" the sexy girl that she is :)

15. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl

Chabch - I saw your Testarossa at Tony's when I dropped off my car. Nice looking car. I still love the look of the Testarossa.

Tony dyed part of my seat and it matched the rest of the car great! Tony was air brushing someones rims himself and they looked great and he hadn't even buffed them out yet. Anything he can't do? Great work Tony!

The challenge grill looks good on the F355!

16. TAFORZA

TAFORZA Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
    San Francisco, USA
    Full Name:
    Tony A.
    Chabch
    Time for Testarossa singing lessons this week!! She might even win a music award!

17. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    what brand?

18. chabch

chabch Formula 3

Aug 15, 2010
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    #118 chabch, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
    I hope so! Although this is lesson 1: learning how to breath properly... :) So I think it will sing a lot better, like a Euro TR.

Lesson 2 will be vocal cords surgery... :)

We haven't decided yet with Tony what vocal cords to put on!

19. PinoyP

PinoyP Formula 3

Aug 7, 2006
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    AL
    Monica looks great! You finally did the challenge grill, I can't wait to see it.

20. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    TR328: I did those same modifications to Saphira, and I love them. Horn sounds like my 328 GTS, and the mirrors expose those blind spots on our cars. Great seeing you this past weekend.

Butcher: Monica looks great. I didn't see her rear with the new OEM F355 Challenge Grill when I was at T&R; I was there when TAForza worked on Monica's leathers. Looking forward to see you, soon.

TAForza: Thanks for installing the new cat sensors on Saphira! I will be in tomorrow, 21-November-2011, to have you do some detail work on her -- like, cleaning up the wheel-wells from driving her in the rain.

21. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    i vote for this!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKf2PGUntgI[/ame]

22. chabch

chabch Formula 3

Aug 15, 2010
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    A little too loud for me, especially at idle. I'm looking for something more like the sound of old Ferrari V12 Colombo blocks, like this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lcCECncKkE[/ame]

23. Tifoso Ferrari

Tifoso Ferrari Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate
    Tony finished the major service on my 360. The car is running better than new.

Tony is NUMERO UNO for meticulous and conscientious work ... WOW!

24. Cam360s

Cam360s Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Hello gang,
    This is Cameron. I met some of you at a recent drive and breakfast.
    I'm excited for more drives and can't wait to get to know all of you better. I also heard and saw photos of your exciting and elegant holiday party. Will not miss next year!!

I just wanted to come on your board and write how pleased I am with Tony. My car was not going in to gear and was completely frozen. I had spoken to him about this in passing a few weeks ago. Today he called me out of the blue saying he is passing my house and will stop by to have a look. He did and in a cool 8 minutes problem was solved... he even changed a relay switch that he just happen to have in his magic hat! Go figure!

Thanks Uncle Tony......

Looking forward to seeing all of you soon at the next event.

CR

25. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    I brought my car into T & R Automotive for a major service and check engine light. Tony completed the major service and diagnoised the check engine light problem. He did everything possible to keep the cost down which I was very grateful. During the time at the shop I observed Tony replacing doing everything from services to air brushing rims to custom work. I was impressed with Tony's knowledge and experience.

I had Tony perform the following work on my car:
    1. Major service.
    2. Replace my Ford sounding horn on my 360 to a Ferrari air horn.
    3. Dye my driver seat.
    4. Touch up paint chips and buff my car.
    5. Paint my door sill kick panel lettering red.
    6. Adjust my dash vents.
    7. Resolve check engine light problem.
    8. Install battery tender.
    9. Replace screws with proper Ferrari parts he came across.
    10. Loaned me a car while my car was in the shop.

Nice to find a shop you can trust not to take advantage of you at a fair price and goes the extra mile to make sure you are satisfied with thier work.

T & R Automotive
    Once you go there you will be hooked!
    Thanks Tony!