European Ferrarichat Rally 2006-Where? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

European Ferrarichat Rally 2006-Where?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Simon, Sep 6, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Personnaly, I would like to do a Spain trip, but not in high summer. Early autumn preferably.I'd also like to have the Tuscanny trip again this year, so Andrea's going to be too busy organising that :)

My vote for Wimeldo and Jbanzai.

2. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    I spent a wonderful few nights in Bellagio - one of the most beautiful places I have ever been, although they do drive like loonies round the tight twisty roads on the way up! You have to live on the beeper going round corners. Thumbs up from me tho.

3. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Dates fine for me, location fine for me, and yes please for Tuscany. Off to polish the car in readiness :)

4. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    I agree on the non gumball style - in fact this is the text I was including on my emails and letters to people who I was asking for information/help from in organising the Scotland trip:

"Hello,

I am in the process of planning a driving rallye through Scotland to take place from Wednesday 3rd August 2005 – Sunday 7th August 2005. Numbers are to be confirmed but I expect approximately 15 cars with approximately 25 participants.

We are a group of Ferrari owners who are passionate about the marque and although we love good fast/windy/clear/well maintained roads, we consider ourselves to be ambassadors of the marque rather than speed freaks – this is NOT a cannonball style event. It is all about enjoying the cars, the people and the scenery/environment in equal measure. We have participants from all over Europe who are planning to come along for what will be the third annual event."

I think this pretty much reflects both the rallye's I have attended. However, when you have a group of Ferrari's there will always be a tendancy to drive fast, and for me the fun is in sticking together, so as much as I agree that this should not be a mini gumball, I disagree that we should split up - occassionally yes, so people of different driving abilities and speed preferences can stretch their legs or take it easy as they see fit, but I have very fond memories of driving in convoys round the Scottish lochs and mountains, and over the Swiss mountain passes, and think they would not have been as fond if we were alone or with only a small part of the group. A mixture I think is the order of the day, with the emphasis on sticking together. Oh, and the evenings are for partying!

Just my £0.05 (it was too long for 2)

5. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    Had a quiet time at work today, so I looked onto our European CD map to work out possible routes. Unfortunately the Lake Como would have to be ruled out if we want to drive down to Tuscany after the Alps (it becomes way too long).

Regarding the Alps, I would probably suggest a starting point near Innsbruck (Austria), where those coming from afar could spend the first night. From there it would be a 3 hour drive to the scenic Val Gardena (and some of the most breathtaking views and roads in Europe - check out EVO magazine when they tested the F430-Pagani-Porsche Carrera GT: THAT'S where I want to go). I know there is a golf course up there with a very nice hotel. Could even have our own little "Pebble beach" display for the public. We could spend 2 nights there.

Then we could move south to a beautiful lake near another mountain range (only 3 hours drive away, all beautiful twisty roads). Highlights of the tour would include the visit to a fantastic winery between Trento and Bolzano (the "Mezzocorona"), and possibly a rendez-vous with the local Ferrari Club (they are very active in the summer, I have their e-mail). They know the authorities and usually manage to get a mountain road closed to stage a hillclimb race.

After these 3 nights those who want to carry on could just come with us to Tuscany and Portofino on the coast for another 3-4 days.

How does this sound?

6. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    100% agree with you Marc!!
    For high speeding there are other events. More into the eat/drink/talk/chat and drive in convoy with a few very beautifull Ferrari's on wonderfull roads events. ;)

7. Dino 208gt4

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Awsome!!

8. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Like it, shame about como though..couldn't fit it in to a 7 day trip??

9. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    oh, and I have not forgotten about your promise of a drive sir!!

10. cinquevalvole

cinquevalvole Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Germany, Bayern
    Hi Andrea,

sounds excellent! Good to have you back FChat again!
    Around Innsbruck, Bolzano , Lago di xyz we can drive on some amazing twisty roads I know. Good enough to have a extra day in the Alps.

cinque

11. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    #62 hedge, Sep 26, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    #63 hedge, Sep 26, 2005
  13. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    #64 hedge, Sep 26, 2005
  14. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    where and when would do scotland again

15. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Any thoughts on trying to do something around the Le Mans weekend - 16th to 18th June - as quite alot of Brits will already be in Europe.

16. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    good thinking batman..all gone a bit quiet..any other ideas...maybe we should poll for the offerings so far, or set a date for suggestions after which we can poll..whoever is organising this will want to start making prelimenary enquiries thuis side of Xmas I would think.

17. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    It looks like no one really wants to catch the ball. :)

18. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    ...but PLENTY of donkeys, asses and assorted animals, snow (in the Atlas Mountains), goat herders and slow cars. I was glad we had a rental car there! ;)

Cheers, MARK

19. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Where ever it is, I'm looking forward to next year's Rally :D

20. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    As I said, I am happy to organize an "Alps to Tuscany" tour in which all can join in for the 2/3-nights Alps part (Italian/Austrian Dolomites, just south of the Brenner) Those who fancy a longer holiday can subsequently carry on with us to Tuscany, to end with a couple of nights on the seaside (Portofino) before heading back north.

That's my proposal, Marc you can put it in a poll as soon as all the other alternatives are on the table. Come on guys, any other ideas/proposals?

21. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Given the thread about speeding in Belgium, how about that as a location one year? Ton would have to be at the rear, but he is used to that :):):):):)

22. Dino 208gt4

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    I allready mentioned a Benelux rally before, but nobody was interested...................:(

23. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    that was before we knew that only Belgian people were not alowed to speed. :)

24. Dino 208gt4

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    :D:D:D