Euro Auto Festival 2005 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Euro Auto Festival 2005

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Ski Guy 348, Jun 16, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    hope to be there saturday morning, weather and ferrari permitting

2. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    How much is it to enter?

May enter something, if not...will be there to check stuff out.

3. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    It's here! Who will be at the Hotel Friday?

4. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    See you guys Saturday.

5. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Weather is lookin gooooood............Can't wait

6. Dino Scuderia

Dino Scuderia Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2005
    Southeast US
    I will be there....and looking very forward to it!

7. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Ill be at the Hilton in Greenville tonight

8. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    I signed up for the saturday morning event, bvut have not heard anything from them, no directions to the place nothing....assuminf iud didnt need any response, can someone post directions to where the cars are being exhibited tomorrow morning? I have tried the website but it only gives directions to the hotel. Thanks.

9. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Me TOO!! I sent a check over 60 days ago... no nothing. I assume they'll have a registration table at the Zentrum.

dp

10. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    i finally got a hold of someone at the published phone number and she told me, get there before 10 and register and they will give you your packet...exit 60 in I-85

11. Ski Guy 348

Ski Guy 348 Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Jay M.
    I will be there tomorrow morning around 8:30 AM at the Zentrum. I have no idea where they will have us park this year....I hope it is not WAY around on the side-back like last year. Anyway, look forward to seeing everyone!!!

-Jay

12. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    Nice saturday morning and afternoon. An F-50, a 430, 275 GTB/4,a gorgeous black 360 spider, and many more beautiful cars...I thoroughly enjoyed meeting those I had not met before. Looking forward to next year...I may bring two cars then.

13. Ski Guy 348

Ski Guy 348 Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Jay M.
    Coach,

Sorry I did not get a chance to meet you. I own the black 348 Spider that was on the front row. I left the event a little early, but I did attend the rally this morning. After speaking with JDAVID, he said that you placed 2nd in the event. I know that you left early, and I was unsure if you were aware of this. At any rate, your car was my top pick. What a stunning Ferrari!!!

-Jay

14. Old Guy

Old Guy Formula Junior
    Honorary

Dec 1, 2003
    No longer here
    I drove over for this event, and it was one of the most pleasant, low-key events I've attended. Spent too much time under a tent listening to Luigi Chinetti and Denise McCluggage telling stories, but saw quite a few stunning cars, including many pre-war.

JDavid, sorry I missed you. I saw your car at the Zentrum and parked at the hotel, but never saw you. Next time, I guess (or when you bring the truck).

Really a good meet. The organizers definitely have plans to repeat it next year.

O.G.

15. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Hey O.G., same here, I asked Lugi if he had seen you and he said he just spent all day with you. I was looking forward to hearing you speak! In the previous hours, I had consumed a "bad Omelette", so I did not get around too much during the day.

However, there still were some highlights. Luigi Chinetti and Denise McCluggage signed my poster. Ms. McCluggage told me a delightful story about Enzo, yes, he had an amazing ego.

For all of you non-goers, shame on you for not attending! Yes, you should abandon everyone and everything to attend these events. And for those who did not attend the baquet and speach, where is your love of automobilia and sense of history? For the love of god man....I am weary, my ears ring, my back aches, it is time for me to rest and have more Walter Mitty dreams..

16. bennett

bennett Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    CHARLOTTE, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Bennett
    I went early Saturday and had as much fun in th eparking lot as I did at the event. Lots of cars that should have been shown and weren't, like some GT3s, the Red Bull F1 model, some hot Jags, Aston Martins, etc.
    Almost got a great shot of the F50, but right before everybody piled around it, this kid walked up to it, and turned his back to it. I asked him to move, I guess he didn't speak english, he just stared at me, instead of the car.
    Great turnout, loved seeing the cars driving in.

17. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I'm glad I made a trip. The 328 behaved fine during the drive, and my trip back this morning was in light traffic throughout.

Compared to Italian Car Day the week before in Atlanta, I think the quantity of Ferraris was similar but there was more of an emphasis on the older models, what with various 275s, 330s and 365s in attendance. On the other hand, Foreign Cars Italia kept things current with an F50 and an F430. (At ICD, we had an F50, an Enzo and a Superamerica.) I found myself parked in a black-348 sandwich and actually did some business with Daniel Pass (though I still haven't paid him, LOL).

I found it interesting that the three Countaches were actually (with the exception of a Gallardo brought by a vendor) the newest Lamborghinis there. The three Isos (two Grifos and a Fidia) were a pleasant surprise, as was the Hudson Italia, which I guess rates as "Italian" because of its bodywork. My favorite car was the Maserati 3500 GT, which didn't win anything! Ivan Ruiz not only took a second with his Bora, but won a particularly useful prize at the banquet. I think I'll let him tell about that if he wishes to.

Some nice cars were located elsewhere, including some gorgeous Jaguars and Rolls-Royces/Bentleys, a couple of delightful Morris Minors, and several impressive Mercedes 300SLs. There were also two BMW Z8s, three DeLoreans and seven Merkurs (!).

Luigi Chinetti, Jr. gave a delightful, ad-libbed presentation at the banquet, telling stories about Alfonso de Portago and others. Denise McCluggage introduced him, and I got to meet both of them afterwards. The food was just fine (except, I guess, for J. David's omelette), and I'd say a good time was had by all.

Will I do it again? I understand Italian car participation until this year was very low, and the area they were located in quite poor, but perhaps this year might be the start of something consistently better. Next year's featured marque, BTW, will be Triumph.

I'll post photos when I get them from the developer, starting on Wednesday.

18. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    What??? No pics yet???

19. caddguy025

caddguy025 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Matt
  20. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
  21. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    Enjoyed seeing some old faces again, had a great time.

Didn't make it to the Luigi speaking because we didn't get to register in time for the event. Look forward to entering my car next year.

22. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    I too am sorry I didnt get to meet you...but i did see your 348 and perhaps we'll meet next time. I did not know my car placed, thanks for telling me...i have spent endless years restoring this car, and the wheels are next. I simply love it. When I bought it , it was somewhat neglected with some original parts missing, i dont think anything much is missing any more...bit i could spend another 5 years or longer restoring it some more....the endless labor of love

23. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    I also have a blue daytona as you can see, but havent paid much attention to it recently, sadly...it is an awesome running car...lots of torque, etc...just needs a few years of serious attention (like a new dash covering...had the materials to do it since 1990 or so)

24. bennett

bennett Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    CHARLOTTE, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Bennett
  25. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Nice pics...

I have video of David S, Brian C, Fender, Buddy all leaving as well, oh and that black 360 spider with Capristo. Somehow it will get up for y'all to hear.