Eugenio's Ferrari Service..Thank you Again! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Eugenio's Ferrari Service..Thank you Again!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by VTChris, Jan 12, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    I saw your car at E's shop. Love the color, had a 328 in the Chiaro Blu. First 348 I've ever seen with the original battery cover on, cool. Enjoy it!! E is awesome!!

2. wards70

wards70 Karting

Feb 27, 2005
    Coto de Caza, CA
    Full Name:
    Ward Prickett
  3. BeachBum

BeachBum Formula 3

Brent, She's a sweet ride, I was actually looking for a red one when i saw the Chiaro. It was love at first sight. I have tried to keep all the original shielding. When we put on the Tubi i thought about leaving off the heat shield but decided to leave everything intact. Im glad i did.

Everytime i think about trading her in on a 360 i take a drive and i figure whats the piont. It just doesnt get any better than this. Next time shes at the shop get him to take you for a drive. Thanks to E she's at 45K miles and still runs like new.

4. bigwave92107

bigwave92107 Karting

Oct 6, 2009
    shoot, now his website says no new customers until after the new year.

bummer.

5. Scuderia P1

Scuderia P1 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti
    HAD NO IDEA YOU ALL WERE LOOKING FOR ME !!! Sorry, I have a life, I'm not around here much.

So Joe, you've got questions, I always do my best to answer anybodys questions. If you wanted to ask me something you could have sent me a personel message, rather than all your rude posts calling me out.

Well lets see those receipts man ! Or are you all talk ?

From what I've been told, Chang's car kept having the reverse threaded lock nut on the main shaft come loose for no apparent reason. It ended up being the batch of lock nuts that were defective. The transmission wasn't done 4 times as you say, but the first time it happened the gearbox was disassembled and all parts inspected without finding a problem. Because of Drew, a whole batch of defective lock nuts went in the rubbish bin, saving other mechanics the nightmare.

As for the cost, Chang was never charged a dime more, including towing from LA. His car received a major service and a trans overhaul, I doubt the bill was 20K but last time I checked, a major with a trans overhaul will darn near get to 20K. Hey, you've got the receipts, lets see them.

I don't spend too much time in the so cal section, too many a$$ holes. If you wanted me to respond to your post all you needed to do is send me a PM. What's your problem anyway ? Did Drew knock up your daughter ?

I don't know, Drew never had too many employees, the shop is about Drew and his talents. I was by there last week and the shop was full of Ferrari's, seems to be doing fine.

Who is telling you this stuff ? Obviously you don't have a clue. Drew underwent surgery for prostate cancer recently, so that would be why his shop was closed, kind of hard to work on cars when you have cancer, you think ? Thankfully he has fully recovered (although it would seem that you would have rather had him die)

I know he got rid of Will, but all he did was sit in the office and talk on F-chat and shop on e-bay. You obviously have never seen his girlfriend ! I'll take her over Will in a hot second, there's a big difference between answering the phone and running the place.

I'm probably not the right person to ask this question, I have no idea what an SD tester is. I can say that my 430 has been problem free, except for my insurance agent telling me I should park it because I've gotten 2 tickets in it. [/QUOTE]

By all means fill us in Joe, and don't forget to show us copy's of Mr Chang's receipts, being that you happen to have them on hand...

6. Scuderia P1

BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti
    #81 Scuderia P1, Nov 1, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
    Hey Joe,

I really wish you would just PM me if you have any questions, or just start a Drew thread, I hate bumping this Eubino thread up.

But by all means don't miss my post to you at the bottom of page 4......

7. Scuderia P1

BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti
    #82 Scuderia P1, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Looking for those receipts up there Joe ? Kind of strange you claim to have reciepts from somebody else's Ferrari repairs, oh well, keep looking...

Feel free to comment on anything else on your mind big Joe ...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    This thread sure went down hill in a hurry.

9. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    #84 Joe G., Nov 2, 2009

here it is Christina

from what i heard

- Young was quoted $8k going in on drop off

- called the next day, requoted $18k (wow! how did that happen??)

- bill ended up at $23K

car had to go back AT LEAST 4 times because it kept breaking down - same problemo - there are people here who know this FACT

OUCH ! :)

Nancy Drew should have bought the car off him after all the fiasco.

....funny how you know so much about the nuts and bolts of what went wrong :)

dozen or so people all know about it ... its out there ... common knowledge

gotta love the diagnosis "gearbox noise" = $23k

btw, i'll settle for a pic of your skateboard .. whatya say :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. LennyZeutzius

LennyZeutzius Karting
    BANNED

Dec 21, 2004
    Palmdale, CA
    Full Name:
    Lenny
    #85 LennyZeutzius, Nov 2, 2009
  11. Scuderia P1

BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti

Josaphine,

What's wrong with that bill ?

2 gear sets, a new diff, all new syncros, a major service, ect. 12 grand in parts, welcome to the world of Ferrari Mr Chang. Just the new diff and gearsets 7 or 8 grand,

Once again, what's wrong with that bill ?

12. Telefonos de Mexico

BANNED

Nov 11, 2008
    Mexico Pueblos Oaxac
    Full Name:
    Raúl Campos
    Kinda like the previous CHP 11-99 run.

13. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    Holy COW!!! Why did it have to be brought back 4 times? You think for 23k it would have been done correctly the first time. Can't even imagine spending that amount of money and then continuing to have problems..

14. Scuderia P1

BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti

Josephina, did you flunk math ? Shall I explain for you ?

Mr Chang was quoted $8K for a major service, drops off his car and Drew test drives and hears noise in the gearbox. The side cover is removed from the gearbox and reveals 2 torched gear sets, boom $10K gearbox rebuild added on. After tear down the diff is found to be suspect, poof, another $5K for an updated differential assembly.

So Josephina, can you add that up ? Sorry for Mr Chang but he's not the first guy to get a bill like this. I just don't understand why ANYBODY would be confused enough to state "wow! how did that happen??" Feel free to comment on the scenario I laid out above, seems to me to make perfect sense.

Actually, this is just the invoice authorizing repairs, the actual bill form FAI is always a computer generated invoice which goes into detail itemizing all the labor and parts, I'm sure Mr Chang has that as well. It doesn't matter really, the 23K number is easy to reach when you replace as many parts as Mr Chang had to.

It's interesting to note that this repair would quite likely reach $30K today because of the gear sets for TR's becoming more and more scarce and thus much more expensive.

Once again you embellish, gilding the Lilly as it were. As I explained in a previous post, the car never "broke down" , the trans would start to shift funny because the locking ring nut was defective, so the car was towed to FAI at Drews expense. Having new parts from Ferrari fail can't be considered poor workmanship, anybody who works on these gearboxes owes Drew a debt of gratitude for suffering through this at his expense . Then he has to put up with jerks like you, who don't know one end from the other, insinuate it's Drew's fault when in fact the factory is to blame. I'm sure Mr Chang was inconvenienced, but his car would have been perfect after a new batch of locking ring nuts were acquired.

That's an easy one Josephina, I own the exact same model Ferrari, my car had transmission work done at FAI about 6 months before Mr Chang's. Mr Drew contacted me asking about our car and told me about his problems with Mr Chang's gearbox. Because I had only driven the car something like 200 miles, Mr Drew had my car picked up and he installed a new locknut on my car.

I didn't start a thread thanking him though, I just thanked him in person.

A dozen or so people with their heads up their A$$ Josephina, lisening to folks like you who only know what they've been told by someone else with their head up their A$$.

Common knowledge ? What a joke. It's sick that someone like you pays no price for spewing lies on the internet, lies that attemt to discredit someone because of your agenda.

Funny, I have a camera on my cell phone, can't figure out how to do anything with the pictures, like I said Josephina, you never seen a 250 cab ? I suppose I could have my son snap a photo of it if you ask nice. You don't seem real nice though...

15. Puncheeng

Puncheeng Karting

Sep 24, 2008
    By the Water OC
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Hold up, wait a minute, lemme put some BOOM in it.

Isn't this the same homie that made an F40 go....boom ?

That's what some people were talking about at cars and coffee a few weeks ago.

The names match

Peace-

16. Scuderia P1

BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti

Throw gas on a fire and then say "peace" you folks are classic.

I've had several shops offer to amp up my 288, are you kidding, the thing is insane already !

Highly modified F40 engines are destined for failure anyway, did it go boom ? I heard it just started smoking. The homie behind the wheel would have something to do with that I would think. Who knows, maybe Josephina has some receipts for that one we can look at...

Peace back at ya.

17. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #92 hank sound, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009

18. Scuderia P1

BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti

Hank, I thought you were one of the good guys, that's the spirit and all. NOW I'M WONDERING IF YOU AREN'T REALLY JOSEPHINA.

THIS THREAD WAS STARTED BY SOMEONE WITH A EUBINO AGENDA, A DISINGENUOUS ATTEMPT TO PROMOTE A FERRARI SHOP WHO'S WEBSITE HE ADVERTISED ON.

Hank, check post #66, and then post #71 which started everything, and then check post #80 which Josiphina has yet to respond to.

People who lie on the internet with the intention of discrediting another Ferrari shop have no place in the world Hank, open your pommy eyes man, where I come from, a man stands up for his friends...

19. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    #94 Joe G., Nov 3, 2009
    wow

Nancy Drew = the new Kevork

"one heck of a spin doctor"

ScuderiaP1 = ??? ???? (anyone wanna guess) :)

20. Scuderia P1

BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti

Is that all you got Josephina ? I've trashed every post of yours with the truth, maybe you should give up,

Of course if you were a man you would admit your comments were quite out of line.

Feel free to counter any of my points Joey...

21. Scuderia P1

BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti
    Funny how Hank and Joey show up at the same time.... Hmmmmmmm

22. Scuderia P1

BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti
    Heres my vote for the most pathetic post so far, (except for post #1)

23. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    #98 Joe G., Nov 3, 2009
    car went down there on a flatbed . . was not driven there, because the gearbox was blown . . several people know this . . common knowledge

major was added later, after the gb (wanna talk about that one . . the "major" . . that one is funny )

and please stop PM-ing me with threats

can i see a pic of your 288 ? :) . . . that's one of my favorites

24. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    I think it was more like BOOM BOOM... or at least I heard that's what the court papers say..allegedly :)

25. Scuderia P1

BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti
    Joe, you called me out, remember ? You don't know what you're talking about, I think it's rather obvious that you're FOS.

I'll talk about anything, nobody would give an estimate for $8K for a gearbox without inspecting first, how can anybody do a gearbox for $8K that needs 2 gearsets and a diff ?????

Your posts don't make any sense, like I said, you should just give up. I'm not going to go away Joe, You called me out man...

Let's see you address any of my posts, all you seem to do is ask for pictures of my cars, how pathetic. Like I said, it's sad that people like you pay no price for spewing lies and discrediting honest Ferrari repairmen...

By all means Joey, let's hear about it, I could use a laugh, just like the repair bill you couldn't add up.

)[/QUOTE]