Ethanol Free Gas | FerrariChat

Ethanol Free Gas

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by TimFastLap, Dec 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TimFastLap

TimFastLap Rookie

Nov 23, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Tim Masters
    It's important to keep the fuel fresh in our Ferrari's during the "off" season. Although this winter is "off" as it is! I have gone on Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada to find local stations that sell non-ethanol fuel. This fuel should still be treated if it's going to sit in the tank for a while but at least it won't be absorbing as much water as the ethanol fuel does. I was surprised at how many stations there actually are. I have 18 in the Triangle area.

2. Rohry

Rohry Karting

Jun 5, 2015
    Charleston, SC
    We lost two stations in the Charleston, SC area that had ethanol-free 93 octane (Exxon on James Island and a Shell in Mt Pleasant). There are only three left in the Charleston area and (maybe) a couple in North Charleston. Besides my 07 F430, I also have a 1963 Studebaker Avanti that has to have 93 octane non-ethanol gas. Because of ethanol mandates there is less alcohol-free gas being produced.

3. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    You guys are lucky- nothing out by me in NJ. Hopefully we can get the bums out of government that prolong this ethanol crap [and solar/electric car subsidies- upshot of these programs is they take from the poor (regressive tax) for pet green projects]. Sorry for my rant :)