Error 4121 and crazy stuff | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Error 4121 and crazy stuff

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by porphy, Sep 30, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. porphy

porphy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2009
    LouisvilleKY/Switzld
    Full Name:
    Randall Gatz
    Thanks for the comment. I seem OK but the T stills needs a shakedown cruise. I hope nothing serious deteriorated while on the jackstands. Not driving these cars is a real generator of problems.

I hope you get to Mondipalooza (me too!).

Cheers

2. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    #152 Lino, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
    Hey Randall,

Is that you selling the coil and ignition module. I may be interested, what's your price for a Fchatter. PM me.

Lino

3. porphy

porphy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2009
    LouisvilleKY/Switzld
    Full Name:
    Randall Gatz
    Just a heads up for these cars, now going on 20-24 yo. When I got everything back together, the idle was at 3000rpm. I took out the idle screws and they were completely encrusted with deposits, not corrosion. I cleaned with solvents and gently with a wire wheel. I guess that this situation may have been exacerbated by the fact that the PO put the car in storage for five? years because he could not operate the clutch due to arthritis in his left knee. So I would suggest that you follow the instructions in the 348 bible (my348.com) for setting the idle (2nd method). Remove and clean the idle screw and the screw receptacle with solvent as mentioned in my348.com. This resolved my problem partially, but I still needed to re-set the central screw on the throttle linkage.