Enigma Motors in Dublin Raided | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Enigma Motors in Dublin Raided

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by ddoninja, Mar 29, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ddoninja

ddoninja Rookie

Oct 23, 2007
    Danville, CA
    Full Name:
    Don
    The Detective in this case is a friend. They were both charged in Alameda County...Hussein "Alan" Akbarpour was arrested at Luxury Auto Center in San Mateo, no doubt another fly by night car operation. His brother Shoab "Shawn" Akbarpour was arrested at his home in Danville. The EVO motors was Shawn again, trying the very same using a friend's name on the DMV Dealer cert. Once the same store moved back in, my friend did some checking and shut them back down again. Idiots. Hope they get some jail time for all those poor buyers and sellers out there now tied up in civil court.

2. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill

Those two D- bags need some serious time. When you have shown that you are that brazen, you deserve a LONG sentence. Clearly, these idiots will do this again. Might as well keep them from doing it in the near future.

Again, these are not dumb individuals. They were smart enough to con some very smart people. Then they were smart enough to figure out how to do it again. Time for them to pay the piper.

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    They showed up here one day unannounced with a rather badly crashed 360 that was on consignment. One of them was using the car when it happened. I sent them to a body shop but when they found out he wanted real money to fix it, the car went straight to some bondo slinger in Hayward.

I always wondered if the owner ever found out.

4. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Jeez.

And I'd wager this story is just the tip of the ice berg.

5. MaseratiNATION

Sep 30, 2008
    Danville, CA

There's a lot of different stories on this forum about the whole Enigma Motors situation. I know the story first hand. When Enigma Motors closed there were 3 LIENS on the building at the time. The second owner brought EVO motors (not controlled by Shawn)... and one of the people who held one of the LIENS on the building forced it into foreclosure forcing the second owner to get out and close the doors, it was never shut down a second time by any detective.

Another note to take..... Allen Akbarpour (Shawn's newphew, not brother) was a salesperson (the only one Enigma Motors had) who was mislead in the business and in my honest opinion is 100% innocent. These non-PAID customers were pointing the finger at Allen (him being the only one in the business with Shawn never around). Matter of fact he was on the list of employees who were NOT paid for time worked. He quit Enigma Motors and one week after the DMV and PD raided Enigma Motors, he wasn't there when information and documents were confiscated.

Shawn not only brought damage to customers of Enigma Motors but has also created financial problems to multiple members of his OWN family and close friends. Shawn has serious problems. SAD...

6. ferrari_jjc

ferrari_jjc Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2004
    I've met Shawn once and his tactics were very much like a used car salesman...my gut just told me to be very careful with this guy. I do hope they serve some serious time in a federal prison.

7. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Well the inevitable has again occurred. I went by there today and almost went off the road seeing the news.

A third "dealer" has just opened up in the same building.

What are the odds on this one?

8. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Maybe it's the location so we should start a pool on when the doors will close.

9. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Now that's a good idea!

10. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    #35 toddjw73, Nov 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2010
    Has anyone started the thread yet???

I'll be sure to stop by on Friday when I'm in the area and ask them myself. "So, How long do you expect to have the doors open? How long until you get investigated and shut down? I need to know! I DEMAND ANSWERS! The FerrariChat pool has been started."

11. Mojo85

Mojo85 Rookie

Jan 13, 2010
    Glad I found this thread, because apparently this practice is still going on with the same clowns in a different outfit, only now it's MODA AUTO LOUNGE in the same building as Enigma Motors was. Does anybody put these people in jail because they just keep popping up. Today is Jan. 2010 and Moda auto lounge is running the same scams. I have a car her for my customer overseas which we can not move because they will not produce a title for 6 months now. I am going to the authorities who handled the Enigma Case. I can not believe these people are still out there.

I appreciate any input or thoughts from anyone..
    Thanks

12. Murciii

Murciii Karting

Jun 12, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Contact DMV Investigations. Theyre quick and on top of their Sh*t. Lots of this stuff going on right now with car dealers unfortunately.

13. Mojo85

Mojo85 Rookie

Jan 13, 2010
    Buyer BEWARE, Enigma Motors closed but these same guys are now running the same scams dba/ MODA AUTO LOUNGE at the same location in dublin, CA. If you google maps the address you'll see the Enigma Logo still on the building. My client purchased are car 6 months which they had on consignment and we have not yet received the title. They kept the money and someone out there does not have a car. They have many delay tactics, and very bold in answering the phone like nothing happened. I check with DMV and their license is expired. The authorties are investigating and you should contact Sgt. Nate Schmidt at the Dublin Police Investigative unit and file a complain with DMV investigative unit to file a complain if you have been scammed by MODA AUTO LOUNGE in Dublin , CA

Edit Remove

14. david1175

david1175 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    in the doghouse
    Full Name:
    David
  15. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

Pretty grandiose picture painted by their website. People who promote themselves through such fiction make me want to vomit.

16. hiros

hiros Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2007
    NorCal
    I am also in the Dublin area. A few times when taking the family to IHOP for breakfast or getting something from Kragen around 8-9am, see young guys in early 20s driving Lambo or other exotic cars and pulled into moda. It is likely that those are the customers' cars that they are commuting with. Knowing about the history of Enigma (from a friend in the car business) and how these two are affiliated, I would never think about even stopping by their showroom.

17. Roryferrari

Roryferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Dave Bell
    Says you can come down and play ping-pong or pool. WTF?

18. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    They did. One of them crashed a consignment 360 rather badly and they showed up here with it on a tow truck hoping they could hide it here for a while. I said no and referred them to a body shop to get it fixed. They took it there but when they found out he really wanted payment in US funds rather than Monopoly money they took it to some cheapo bondo palace to get it fixed. Never knew who owned it.

19. david1175

david1175 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    in the doghouse
    Full Name:
    David
    #44 david1175, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
    ...as one who knows (as does Brian) what is needed to deal in these types of cars, your typical dealer "garage insurance" does NOT cover these cars, and you MUST have an additional binder if you are "legit"...
    Which I would bet "they" are NOT!
    Someone call BS on these guys...and QUICK!!! PLEASE!!!

20. hiros

hiros Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2007
    NorCal
    Brian, it is sad that this is happening, and it amazes me that they still have a lot of cars in their showroom and the rear lot. Hope the owner learned what happened to the car if it wasn't sold. From the prior post, looks like they are being investigated so hopefully they get what they deserve.

Just out of curiosity, when they took the 360 to your shop, did they admit what they did or did you find out another way?

Hiro

21. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I am curious as to why you didn't call the FBI..........

22. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #47 Rifledriver, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
    For what federal, interstate or even local crime? FBI is only interested in Federal and interstate crimes and I had no evidence of any crime of any kind.

Get real.

23. MaseratiNATION

Sep 30, 2008
    Danville, CA
    Owner of the blue 99' 360 modena was Shawn's brother. Another family member he screwed over. I actually got to see the car after the repairs were made.. one heck of a job. The car was actually brought back together by a reputable place from what I heard.

24. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
    #49 thoang, Mar 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009