Enigma Motors in Dublin Raided | FerrariChat

Enigma Motors in Dublin Raided

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by ddoninja, Mar 29, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ddoninja

ddoninja Rookie

Oct 23, 2007
    Danville, CA
    Full Name:
    Don
    Cops and CA DMV hit Enigma Motors yesterday and shut them down. A friend of mine who headed the investigation said they have been holding up cash from the seller and not doing title transfers to the buyer. 29 complaints with the DMV. Search warrants were served on the dealership in Dublin, the car shop in Dublin, and the owners home in Blackhawk. The owner even had one of the customers consigned cars at his house which he was using as a daily driver. Shady characters...hope no one had their car there.

2. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
    This was in the Mercury News today.

DMV Search warrants served at Dublin car dealership
    By Sophia Kazmi
    STAFF WRITER

Article Launched: 03/28/2008 08:29:31 PM PDT

DUBLIN -- Dublin police and the Department of Motor Vehicles are investigating possible fraudulent activity at a luxury car consignment dealership.
    According to a press release from Dublin police, officers and DMV workers served search warrants on Friday morning at Enigma Motors on Dougherty Road and at an unnamed other Dublin business; as well as at a residence in unincorporated Contra Costa County.

Evidence was taken from the location, said Dublin police Detective Nick Soares, but no one was arrested.

The DMV has received 29 complaints of fraudulent transactions against Enigma since last year, Soares said.. Police investigators have five additional reports, he said.

"In most cases it's a person who consigned the car at Enigma and had trouble being paid and (the person who) purchased the car having trouble getting the title," Soares said.

The investigation is ongoing, he said.

A call to Engima Motors was not returned Friday evening.

Engima has shut down its operation. According to the press release, the DMV has revoked its license to sell vehicles in Dublin.

Police ask anyone with information to call 925-833-6670.

Sophia Kazmi covers Dublin. Reach her at [email protected] or 925-847-2122.

3. Itzkirb

Itzkirb F1 Veteran

Apr 30, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Kirby
    wow, shady

4. ThisFlyGuy

ThisFlyGuy Formula 3

May 7, 2006
    SF Bay area
    Full Name:
    Michael
    wow, i've seen their commercials and their listings on craigslist.........guess no more

5. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    Wow! I happened to drop by the Kragen right next door to Enigma this afternoon! Since I had never actually been in the store and there is a 360 spider in the showroom, I thought I'd mosey over to check things out. Sign on the door said, "Closed March 26th and 27th due to death in the family. Sorry for any inconvenience."

6. kimoSabe

kimoSabe Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    No CA
    Full Name:
    Ray C.
    I pass by last night on my way home from work and thought it was weird that the lights were off the first ever. Too bad, hope everyone gets their $$$......shady.

7. BrianZuk

BrianZuk F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2007
    NorCal (Bay Area)
    Full Name:
    BrianZuk
    +1, shady story.
    Tony, didn't you purchase your Diablo at Enigma?

8. tony2ta

tony2ta Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Tony

Nope, I had a very bad business experience with Enigma Motors, without my permission the owner/sales person used my Ferrari for joy rides, commercials and etc... I got both of my cars out of their showroom and sold the Ferrari on my own.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134803&highlight=enigma+motors

9. MrTheKid

MrTheKid Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jonny Pickens
    we are starting to see this kind of **** more and more evryday... Henessey, Unique Performance, and now in our backyard!
    hope these people all go to jail and get butt ganged by some cholos!!

10. AutoConcierge

AutoConcierge Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Pleasanton, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert Willis
    Calling Mr Greg Calo...... Greg now you see why I did not want to do any cars for these guys, you are what you eat. I never understood why they built this little showroom when the building was a "build to suit" operation, nice looking showroom but then everything else sat outside in the weather with bird poop and crap all over thier inventory.

11. kouroshoo7

kouroshoo7 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2007
    Full Name:
    Kourosh
    I almost bought a 360 from them a year ago.
    I decided not to because i had talked to two different sales people and they both had different stories on the car.
    Good thing...
    But I do have to say, Ali and Shawn are both characters and it was alot of fun dealing and wheeling with them.

12. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
    From the Mercury News again

Dublin car dealership accused of fraudulent sales
    Bay City News Service
    Article Launched: 03/31/2008 06:57:23 AM PDT

DUBLIN _ Police and California Department of Motor Vehicles officials Friday searched a Dublin car consignment dealership under investigation for alleged fraudulent sales, according to the Dublin Police Department.

Investigators served search warrants at Enigma Motors, 5947 Dougherty Road, another Dublin location and a residence in unincorporated Contra Costa County, police said.
    Warrants were served as part of an ongoing investigation into complaints that the business has been involved in alleged fraudulent consignment sales of luxury vehicles, police said.

Evidence was reportedly seized during the search, and the Department of Motor Vehicles revoked Enigma Motors' license to sell vehicles in the city of Dublin, police said.
    An investigation into the case is ongoing, and anyone with information is asked to contact Dublin police at (925) 833-6670.

13. drew935

drew935 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2007
    Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    wow. I just saw a CLK430 vert with their plate on the rear 2 weekends ago. Oh well, you mess with the law, you will get caught. Def. not the best Bang for the Buck in Jail. Hahaha

14. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I went by the dealership this last weekend and the showroom is totally empty. Not a car to be found but they have some great icons which probably will go up for sale soon.

15. Spiderguy

Spiderguy Formula Junior

May 21, 2006
    Full Name:
    Harry J
    Why would any rational person include the word, "enigma" in their business name? Isn't that just like calling yourself "Problematic Motors" ??

16. sharkster

sharkster Karting
    BANNED

Oct 9, 2005
    San Ho
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Remember when I told you/asked you about these guys early last year? The guy with the White 996TT turbo cab? They were so shady... they tried to get us to build a car for him and we were having none of it. Very strange bunch indeed.

17. Premier Protective Films

Premier Protective Films Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 20, 2004
    San Francisco Bay
    not surprised either. Wanted us to do some work for them and beat pricing from whoever they were using at the time....um, no thanks.

18. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
    Has there been any update since the search warrants? I would hope that anyone who hasn't received their money or title would receive it by now.

19. BSM

BSM Rookie

Feb 13, 2008
    San Francisco
    We actually bought and consigned a car thru these lying scumbags in early '07... in the end everything was resolved, paid, titled, etc b/c we made daily demands (I think they got sick of us)... but what a nightmare.

20. Spiderguy

Spiderguy Formula Junior

May 21, 2006
    Full Name:
    Harry J
  21. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
    <snip>The suspects, a former car dealership owner and a former car salesman, were arrested without incident Sept. 18 on suspicion of nine counts each of felony embezzlement and grand theft.<snip>

It boggles the mind that they thought they could get away with lying and stealing from their customers. I wonder if tax evasion is among those nine counts? Does anyone know which county criminal charges was filed? Was it Contra Costa county?

22. AutoConcierge

AutoConcierge Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Pleasanton, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert Willis
    What is funny is the building has been empty for sometime now, but about three weeks ago I saw some guys move three cars into the building along with desks etc...... looking as though this new company is setting up business(evo motors)which is the signage on the building now. As of last week the building is empty again??, what I could do with that building and location if the funds were available.........

23. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Don't know for sure where they were filed, but Dublin is in Alameda County.

24. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Oh no not again, please!!!

25. ferrari_jjc

ferrari_jjc Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2004
    I visited them once and never got a good feeling from them - glad I went with my gut. Hope these guys do some serious time.