Engine Detailing | FerrariChat

Engine Detailing

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by sjmst, Nov 10, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Anyone know a good detailing shop that I can trust to clean up my engine compartment? I had done my Alfa 164, and it came out great, but then the coils went. Just in case it was something I did, don't want to mess up the Mondial.
    Thanks
    Sam

2. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    I detailed my 308qv engine months ago with no problems.I warmed up the engine slightly,then used Griots Garage engine cleaner,hosed it off, then used the leaf blower to blow off the water.Then drove her for a while to make sure any water left would evaporate.Used "black again" for hoses etc. Of course cover the vital parts before cleaning.

3. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Thanks!

4. technik1

technik1 Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Gus Technik
    Hi Sam,

Your Mondial will be in competent hands in our Manhattan shop. We offer a superlative detailing service. Please click on our site here www.technik1.com or from the sponsors page. I look forward to meeting you and your Mondial

Regards,
    Gus Tsekenis
    Technik 1

5. technik1

technik1 Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Gus Technik

If I may. 'Black Again' is an excellent product. However, its' puropse is cosmetic--it's cream-based to darken vinyl & rubber with silicone. It is not recommended to use silicone based products on hoses, betls etc. as it robs elasticity, preventing suppleness, accelerating dry-rotting.

If you wish to treat engine compartment rubber (and all body seals & trim for that matter), may I recommend Meguiar's #40. It contains little or no silicone, feeding and providing a natural sheen.

Regards,
    Gus Tsekenis
    Technik 1

6. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Thanks Gus for your tip, that's why this site is so good,I'll try the Meguiars.