Engine Compartment Details - what's attached to these studs? | FerrariChat

Engine Compartment Details - what's attached to these studs?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Albert Penello, Feb 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert Penello

Albert Penello Karting

Jul 21, 2019
    Woodinviille, WA
    Full Name:
    Albert J Penello, Jr.
    1985 QV Cabrio. I'm trying to do some detailing and putting things back where they belong.

I've noticed two studs in the engine compartment where I'm not sure what goes there.

The first is a stud between behind the coolant tank. I see no cables here so not sure what's supposed to mount to it. I'm guessing a P clamp that holds some wires (maybe the expansion tank and latch wire?)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Second is a stud that's underneath the airbox on the passenger side, near the fuel vapor canister. Again, I assume there is p clamp that holds the vapor line.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

If anyone has an original QV I'd love a shot of these areas so I can see how to put it back together.

Thanks!

2. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    The stud behind the coolant tank fits to a strap type support that holds some of the wiring. I couldn't find this in the drawings.

The stud by the fuel lines fits to a strap that goes around the little plastic cylinder in your pic. I believe that's part of the fuel evaporative emission control system.

28 and 29 in the drawing:

https://www.allferrariparts.com/tbl14158.html