DFW - Empire Exotics? | FerrariChat

DFW Empire Exotics?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by D-bling, Feb 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. D-bling

D-bling Karting

Jun 25, 2010
    Anyone familiar with Empire Exotics?

2. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Yes, we almost bought a G Wagon from them in Feb and went by several times. Our salesman was friendly and very accommodating. They did have quite an amazing selection of Porsches ( GT3s...) McLarens and the 4 Squared G Wagons. I think they do a high volume internet business and would not hesitate purchasing a "normal" vehicle from them. Nothing against them but if it were more of an exotic with possible issues, I would recommend an outside PPI- again nothing against them at all but as we all know, diagnosing and identifying issues with a higher mileage F car can be outside the realm of most dealerships.
    I can look through my phone and get the the name of the salesperson we used, he was pleasant to deal with- PM me if you want it

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  3. D-bling

D-bling Karting

Jun 25, 2010
    Thank you very much. I am looking at the McLaren 570S. I would definitely do a PPI. My first thought is to have Park Place do the PPI? Any other suggestions for PPI on a McLaren?

4. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Not sure PP would do it but if they would it would be nice. Just checked, two of the 570s are very low miles and the one with 11K is still low. A call to the PP with Vin might get you pretty comfortable regarding knowledge of the car ( especially if they were purchased locally). Great looking cars though, congrats!

5. D-bling

D-bling Karting

Jun 25, 2010
    Well went to look at the 570s but wound up falling for the 2015 650S Spider. WOW!!!! I'll call PP on Tues. morning re: PPI. However I am still open if others have suggestions for PPI. Not sure if James at Norwoods could/would do it?

LightGuy likes this.
  6. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    James at Norwoods is awesome and I nice guy. When they serviced my California several years ago, James gave my son ( who was 18 at the time) a tour. James is very well respected and liked in Dallas.
    I agree on the Spider. Gorgeous car. Nice choice!

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  7. D-bling

D-bling Karting

Jun 25, 2010
    I just learned that Norwoods has purchased the software to service McLaren's as well. Unsure when they will be starting but that will be a welcome alternative to PP.

Tire Fryer and SAFE4NOW like this.
  8. bludvl

bludvl Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    Dallas,TX
    James at Norwood is excellent.

2006 F430 Spider, Rosso Corsa

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  9. Lou Gigliotti

Lou Gigliotti Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 2, 2013
    Princeton Texas
    Full Name:
    Lou Gigliotti
    Well Empire Exotics has 2 felony warrants out for them for not paying off 13 trade in cars and selling cars with out a title. with more Felony charges coming.
    The place is closed down and who knows what company is in that building but a word to the wise.
    I know of one 488 GTB that was traded in then sold the next day for $250,000 cash, no loan but the car was never paid off so the buyer has a car with no title and the person trading it in has a title but no car and a large bank loan that he is paying on until this gets resolved. Going on 9 months now. SO there is my ZERO rating.

10. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober