Electronic Ignition on 365 GT4 2+2 | FerrariChat

Electronic Ignition on 365 GT4 2+2

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by hskasimir, Jun 28, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hskasimir

hskasimir Karting

Apr 5, 2006
    Berlin
    Full Name:
    Howard Sheronas
    Does anyone have any expirience with electronic ignition conversion systems (such as offered by ferraripartsexchange) ?
    I've installed the system to reduce or even eliminate misfiring and therefore have a smoother running engine but I can't seem to feel a difference and somehow I have a suspicion that it's screwing up my entire electrical system (things that used to work perfectly all the time now sometimes work, sometimes don't...). Can this be connected to the new system or did my mechanic install it wrong..?

2. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    it has been almost a day, and no one has chimed in. I have done this before, a long time ago, so it is not fresh in my mind.

Something must have been hooked up wrong. Your car uses an semi-unusual route for the resistance wires for the coils. I would look to see if some of the other parts of the car are now inadvertenly are being powered through the ballast or resistance wires.

jay