Elections In Canada | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Elections In Canada

Discussion in 'Canada' started by MS250, Nov 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Who will you vote for?

1. Green Party

2. P.C

3. N.D.P

4. BLOC

5. Liiberal

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ferrariguy2

Ferrariguy2 F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chief
    Today is the day you all go and vote CONSERVATIVE!!

2. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Cheers to that!

(Now, Ryan, are you really going to vote Conservative in our riding? I would otherwise like to, but I'm voting strategically because, as you know, I couldn't stand to see the NDP candidate get elected in Trinity-Spadina. I see the stronger sentiment with the Liberal party in this riding.)

And for those who don't exercise their democratic right to vote, you have no right to complain about the government. If anything, it is your responsibility as a citizen of this country to vote.

3. Ferrariguy2

Ferrariguy2 F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chief
    Honestly, I'd rather see the NDP win this riding as it would take one away from the Liberals... possibly getting that much closer to a Conservative majority. But I'll be voting Conservative anyways, at least to help them get the popular vote... more votes = more funding for the next election.

4. LambogatiINC

LambogatiINC Formula 3

Aug 14, 2004
    Toronto/Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sal
    man u guys really hate the liberals

5. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    I am sorry to say guy's but the Liberals will be taking our Trinity/Spadina riding I feel. However, last time Olivia Chow missed it by just 800 or so votes. So who knows. I will be interesting.

6. Kram

Kram Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Park bench, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Conservative.

Please.

7. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Mark, they are all crooks anyways!

God know's I'd rather hear your Lemans stories instead ;)

8. Ferrariguy2

Ferrariguy2 F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chief
    Think about it this way. If you vote Conservative, with the GST reduction, that Lamborghini you want will be more 'affordable' to the tune of at least $2,500. If nothing else, do it for the CARS man! Thats 2.5K you can put towards Tubi's or a high end hooker...

9. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

I know what you're saying, but my vote is all I can do to keep Olivia Chow out of federal politics.

10. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Hate is a very strong word. I have voted Liberal in the past. But Sheila Copps and Chrethian said they would scap the GST...they never did, then second time around they said same thing, so I voted again, plus Preston Manning, and Stockwell day did not look like they could run the country.

Now we have a combined good team in Harper, very presentable, young...says the right things so why not give him a shot. Everything the liberals have said in the past very not true. Why not give them (conservatives ) a chance....

Plus Martin with this child care crap promised me that 10 yrs when I had my kids, and it always got the back burning....I dont need more spaces now, I need that 1,200 per yr harper is promising. Yes this is self serving, but this platform is geared more to me (middle Canada).

So when you say Hate, Im thinking dislike.

11. Forza-Italia

Forza-Italia Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Heaven help us all if the Conservatives get their majority. Your middle class status will be downgraded a notch or two, and then we'll all be turning back to the Liberals to make it ok again. How soon we forget.

12. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Soon forget what....? Brian Mulroney ??? Mike Harris in Ontario ? Klien out west ?? Bill Davis in Ontario ???

I did well under those times, no different than now.

God forbid I need a hospital bed for a hip, whether Martin is in power or Harper...or even 12 years ago when the Liberals had power this whole time....I still would not have a bed or a hip.

13. Forza-Italia

Forza-Italia Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Rick, I'm glad to hear you did well, but I for one, and the majority of the people did not do well. I've already explained to you how my business of 36 years struggled through those Mulroney years, laying off people for the first time ever, and I know what your response is going to be, that the whole world was in a recession, but so was the U.S. in a recession the last couple of years and we thrived here. I HOPE you're right. Maybe you're the "Chosen One" and have been sent here to rid us of all doubts. I'm counting on it.

14. Ferrariguy2

Ferrariguy2 F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chief
    Despite the obvious negative factors; for the disciplined and creative, a recession can create opportunities beyond anything you've ever imagined.

A static economy of slow, consistant growth for too long is a sign of too much government intervention. The old saying for the Liberal party goes: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.

15. LambogatiINC

LambogatiINC Formula 3

Aug 14, 2004
    Toronto/Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sal
    It's all good man, everyone entitled to their own opinion...i personally haven't been following politcs long enough to know all that...

As a teenager going into adult life i really didn't care for politcs, everything was a lie to me, nothing that was promised actually happened...and now i just feel like its not gonna make any difference to me whos in power...i just dont want our country shadowing the states...i mean EVERYONE knows that bush rigged his own election to win....and the sad thing is no one cares to do anything aboaut it, why? cuz what are u gonna do?.....even letterman made fun of it, one of his top tens (after bush won the 2nd time) was something to do with the 2008 elections, and the number 1 thing was "plan to rig 2008 elections for Jeb Bush"....but thats another story for another time, my point is, its just there...i'm not saying we're like that, i'm just saying i really have no faith in anyone that takes over....which is sad to see cuz their suppose to run a country...

i will still vote today, and i really am undecided right now...its gonna be an impulse decision, but in the end, its not like my vote is gonna decide who wins this whole thing....

And thats all i can think of...

PS. FERRARIGUY2...hahaha...i do think in terms of cars...the GST going down 2% would be great...we all know ontarians bend their balls backwards in taxes...but ALL i'm saying is...if i had enough to spend on a 430 grand murcielago barchetta....with the sweet v12 motor...sorry i sorta drifted there..but if i had enough for that, would i really care for the other 2500?

In the long run yes...cuz if i decided to buy 4 of them, then all of a sudden i saved 10 grand...lol...

Later,

16. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Thank you for the lovely words but you give me too much credit as 'the chosen one' though I love the title.

I think if they (con) win a majority it will just shake things up enough to get a different spin in this country.

Either way, I think Canada is due for a slow down, many people have been discussing that we are maxed out. I one tend to believe that a slow down will most likely happen in 2007. With that said, i think none of the parties will be able to prevent that because our dollar gets stronger by the day, they are forecasting par with the US as close to this year even. Given we are a resource based country that exports I think the writing is on the wall.

As for the election piece, I just want some "integrity" back into this country. Fighting with the US like Martin has done recently hurts our country. 2B on a fake gun registry is wasted money. Saying that you will create social programs to help and not pull through is just outward deception. I think the change will actually benefit, and help our country financially.

If it does happen to be the case....in the coming years if we are both still on fchat, I will be happy to take the title of "the chosen one' right now, I think we need to do something in this country from going backwards.
    Cheers !!

17. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Rick is the Chosen One. He's our Neo in this Matrix...

18. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    we can't help it, the rain melts our brain.

Did you feel the ground shake a few seconds ago? I just voted, and I don't think the "red" car is going to run so well the next few months...

19. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Yep. Im off now to go vote. Its gonna be a crazy nite. I will be ok, gonna do the traditional pub for pints and wings with my bro and buddies.

Heh, what better theories than a bartender, a lawyer (my bro) and a couple of cars guys after a couple of pints?

Sounds kinda like a joke..."A lawyer and a carsaleman walk into a bar...."

Cheers

Vasco

20. Sheldon

Sheldon Formula 3

Apr 18, 2005
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Sheldon
    Who are they 7 people who voted for Green Party? Honestly...

Just did my voting, +1 for PC.

21. Dohhunter

Dohhunter Karting

Nov 1, 2005
    Full Name:
    Michael
    See my thread....hope you marked "Conservative" instead of "PC".

22. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

My vote is cast.

23. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Whats going to be of real interest is if our numbers look like the results.

I guess we'll soon find out.

24. Ferrariguy2

Ferrariguy2 F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chief
    Go CONSERVATIVES!!!

25. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Your passion in this election just kills me brother !!!

My fav was your post of Martin as a donkey with his body up in the air