Elbow/Elbow area pain | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Elbow/Elbow area pain

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by amenasce, Feb 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    A good way to get a safe stretch to a tight muscle is to work the opposing muscle(s)-the one(s) on the opposite side of the bone. To stretch a bicep, work the tricep-to stretch a hamstring, work the quad. As the worked miscles tighten upon recovery, it will stretch the opposing one that needs it.

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    So i have started doing the stretch (straighten the arm, make a fist, then pull the fist down and towards my chest with my other hand - i pull my wrist towards my chest 10-15 times and try to hold it pulled for 10sec. I repeat this 5 times a day). I do feel pain/resistance on the outer muscle in my front arm.
    And after 2 days, the pain is much less on both arms!
    I wont start lifting weights yet but i think you found my issue!
    Thank you!

3. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

I still think i have a leaky gut. Lots of stress over the past 2 years combined to my poor eating habits. I really need a fast and a new diet.

I agree it is a great exercise for the brain and motivation. I had that motivation when i was 18 and lost a lot of weight over a summer..Now at 37 it's harder! But of course completely doable.

Do you fast every now and then? I heard it is also great to do so.

4. ME308

ME308 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Michael

that`s very good to hear ... and as expected ;)
    it also means that you will get your injury (it is what it is) under control !

keep doing the stretching and definetely add "hanging" to your exercises / work outs !

fasting is a thing you can try ... now and again

but the most important thing will be to adapt not only to a timely limited diet but to a life style change as for your eating habits

it`s really not that difficult, in the beginning you might have to count calories just to get an overview of your calorie intake ... you don`t want to take more calories in than you burn (otherwise you will gain weight, but unfortunately fat not muscles ;)

less carbs/sugar, more protein and yes, a little more (good) fat will do the trick

5. Streetsurfer

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I now fast a day or two every few months. With my food issues, it is difficult to eat out and not get contaminated with wheat or any of the other foods I tested positive to antibodies for, so I have used longer fasts (5-10 days), to get me through trips away from home in order to avoid eating at restaurants, as well as for recovering from illness, for some spiritual tuning, and with important decisions needing to be made. With the fasts comes more mental clarity for me, as the fog created by my food intolerances is removed.

It would certainly be best to work on the diet first though; just as outlined by ME308 (all that was mentioned are what I try to abide by), to clean up your system and bring things into a better balance and to a healthier state before fasting, if you think you have been eating that poorly. The detoxification symptoms might be mildly unpleasant, otherwise.

As less blood is used for digestion when it slows or shuts down in a fast, more blood is made available for the damage clean up and repair process. Fasting long enough will bring on catabolism.

Do reduce the sugars, refined and processed stuff, focusing on whole foods, and high content of raw is all the better. It can help to exercise for ten minutes or so after eating a fruit sugar (helps keep blood sugar from spiking), and work to keep a good hydration level. From 25-30 y.o. and on we lose some of our sense of thirst. Start to form a good habit of keeping well hydrated and your electrolytes up for maintaining it.

Hopefully you just have an injury that needs time to heal. You are getting good advice from ME308. I am open to correction if there is anything I've said that might be advised against. It works for me though. Each of us can react differently to things.

6. Streetsurfer

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    #31 Streetsurfer, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    These are my gyro exercisers, which I highly suggest using to strengthen and stabilize your joint support once your well recovered, but before you return to weight lifting or other heavy use of wrists, elbows. They can be used to help the shoulder as well, based on where you hold your hand and arms as you use them. You will feel which muscles come into play with the positions you use. I dont think I can post a video here without a host site, or I would share one of it in operation.

The black ironpower has a stainless steel rotating ball and carries a much greater force to work with, and the plastic unit is lighter and easier to spin up and use but can be more easily speed increased, either giving a decent work out of the forearms, upper arms, wrists, elbows, and shoulder.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Thanks, i will try to find more info on these.

The pain is definitely less intense now but still present. It is driving me crazy to see how frail my arms look. Not that i was really into weightlifting but at least i had some definition.

8. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I had a chronic pain in my right elbow from over straining it one time.
    Tried Bears doc, injections, plasma, etc and no improvement.
    Went to a good physical therapist in Skokie and after about 10 sessions the pain was gone for good, I can do pull-ups again with no problem.