458 - Eight years and 50k miles... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

458 Eight years and 50k miles...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by jazztrip, Sep 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AdWassi

AdWassi Karting

Jul 3, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    Adam
  2. AdWassi

AdWassi Karting

Jul 3, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    Adam
  3. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    AdWassi likes this.
  4. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    AdWassi likes this.
  5. AdWassi

AdWassi Karting

Jul 3, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Hahah didnt notice that one :)

6. AdWassi

AdWassi Karting

Jul 3, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    Adam
    She's still begging for more.. dont tell my wife

7. ferrarifam

ferrarifam Karting

Jun 9, 2020
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Do you know a statistically impossible it was to have as many sevens in that pictures you did? That is awesome! The cats at just the exact perfect moment.

AdWassi likes this.
  8. AdWassi

AdWassi Karting

Jul 3, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    Adam
    It was quite ridiculous Im not gonna lie :) Once I realized the possibilities I got that 77mph going. Everything aligned perfectly, it was 75 degrees 2 mins before this photo!

9. ferrarifam

ferrarifam Karting

Jun 9, 2020
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Adam
    So cool really. What a neat moment to witness and document for all of us to see.

Adamas likes this.
  10. F485

F485 Karting

Oct 23, 2017
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Full Name:
    Fahad F458
    ferrarifam likes this.
  11. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Love your white garage floor. Is that epoxy?

12. GFL

GFL Karting

Apr 7, 2012
    New York City
    The bottom line is it's not about counting the 1/10th seconds when it comes to driving pleasure. The 488 and F8 might be faster, and the technical advancements (aero, traction control, etc) might be impressive on paper, they mean very little to the typical Ferrari owner who is not racing it on the track every weekend. "Faster" in fact also means little-all three (458, 488, F8) are what I call "3-second cars" and if you want fast, electric (no sound unless artificial) is the fastest-by definition maximum torque is instantaneous, but would anyone trade one of those three for a pedestrian Tesla? Neither the 488 or the F8 come close to matching the total driving pleasure offered by 458's naturally aspirated engine. Yes, I owned one in the tri-state area, and whenever I went through a tunnel every driver in sight were turning their heads around looking everywhere as they were concerned that some bomb just went off. It wasn't so, it was just the most beautiful naturally aspirated engine ever made screaming all the way to 9,000 rpm.

13. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Stunning Garage

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ferrarifam likes this.
  14. MarcR

MarcR Rookie

Apr 23, 2015
    Four Corners, Florida
    Full Name:
    Marc Reviel
    Thanks. It was 3 coats of Behr Premium White Self-Priming 1-Part Epoxy Satin Interior/Exterior Concrete and Garage Floor Paint

DefunctNeurons and Graz like this.
  15. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Of course. We know you must strongly feel that way since you joined in 2013 and you have only 4 messages so far.

ferrarifam likes this.
  16. superfluous

superfluous Karting

Oct 4, 2020
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Gabe
    I feel like the new Ferrari thing is to showoff how many miles you put on your car. I dig it.

sampelligrino, IloveGT and ferrarifam like this.
  17. jazztrip

jazztrip Karting

Oct 1, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe
    @IloveGT , it seems like you are throwing some shade at @murgas1 . FYI, he was the Ferrari Master Tech at Ferrari of Austin when I bought the car and for a few years afterwards. Mr. Murgas knows his stuff and is one of the only techs in Austin I trust to touch my car. He's a big reason why my car runs so well after 50k miles. Once he left the dealership, their Service Department went downhill fast. Now he is at an independent speedshop in Austin that services Ferrari, Porsche and other exotics and sports cars as well as run a Porsche Cup race team (I take my Italia and my Cayman S track car there for service).

Mr. Murgas is also a very nice fellow and probably too busy working on cool cars to post much here or in other forums. You can check his credentials here:

http://ferrariofaustin.blogspot.com/2011/03/ferrari-of-austins-technician.html

18. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    no you misunderstood. It's exactly he only wrote 4 posts and one of them was about 458, so I deduce he must feel strongly about it. No sarcasm in my original post.

19. jazztrip

jazztrip Karting

Oct 1, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe
    @IloveGT , thanks for clearing that up for me. I thought I sensed sarcasm. My apologies.

20. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    no worries. I just reread what I wrote. I should have said one more sentence to begin with. "This shows that 458 is really something special, even someone who rarely post would make a point about it!"

DefunctNeurons, jazztrip and GT2goneF like this.
  21. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Riiiiiight... Nice save!!!!

JUST KIDDING... but to be fair, It could have interpreted both ways. I just chose to take it as a positive comment than a negative. I agree.

IloveGT likes this.
  22. MarcR

MarcR Rookie

Apr 23, 2015
    Four Corners, Florida
    Full Name:
    Marc Reviel
    #72 MarcR, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    Forgot to mention: With this paint you MUST wait 1-2 weeks before parking on it! Avoid the mistake I made the first time or else this will happen:

Attached Files:

23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am sure that must've hurt. Thanks for the advice. Late but nevertheless good advice. Luckily and hopefully nobody suffered your fate. And hopefully now, none never will.