EBAY SCAM For Yellow Calif Spyder Replicar | FerrariChat

EBAY SCAM For Yellow Calif Spyder Replicar

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by Daytona Rick, Sep 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Just a heads up for anyone thinking of buying things on EBay. Recently a yellow Calif Spyder replicar was up for sale. Great looking shots (yes I know it isn't real) but price was right. There was a phone number listed and an email address. I tried several times calling the number for details (very little on the ad), Legit number but no response. Emailed seller who kept stating the following:
    "Let me explain you how the ebay process works.
    The process works something like this:
    1. You send the requested deposit amount(in our case $2900,00) to an ebay motors representative.
    2. eBay will confirm me that you have made the payment.
    3. I will ship you the car so you can test drive the car.
    4. If you will not get exactly the same car that you have viewed in the ad, and also a clean title you will receive all your money back from ebay motors.
    5. If everything is ok ebay motors will get the approval from you to release me the founds and you will give the rest of the cash directly to me.
    If you agree with this process please let me know your full name and address and I will forward the details to ebay motors. Thanks "

Please be aware of this apparent scam. Friends have told me that once you put your money in this setup, kiss it goodbye!