ebay rip-off | FerrariChat

ebay rip-off

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by hskasimir, Jul 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hskasimir

hskasimir Karting

Apr 5, 2006
    Berlin
    Full Name:
    Howard Sheronas
    A few weeks ago there was an auction (#8072915230) on ebay for a 365 GT4 2+2 body parts manual, by somebody with the ebay name "miura parts". This was the original description:

"A Ferrari Marparts 365 GT4 2+2 body parts & illustrations catalogue, covering the 73-75 models.
    Listing hundereds of pages of text, illustrations & diagrams showing each and every part on this car.
    Gives the quantities required, the factory part number & the location of the component.
    All pages are secured in the original blue four post binder.

Silkscreened on the front cover is the 365 GT4 2+2 insignia.

Text: (Italian)"

The "buy now" price was $ 169.99. The was no bids and I won the auction. 2 weeks later a package from White Racing Products in Tampa arrived. In it was a common spiral binder with (very simple - not very good quality) copies of the 365 GT4 , 400 and 412 body parts manuals.
    I wrote them a letter stating that I felt cheated, that it mentioned nowhere that they were selling copies, and even if they would claim that they never said it was the original, they still promised to include the original binder.
    I didn't hear anything from them for another week or so, when I wrote them another e-mail, telling them that this was a rip-off and that I would file a claim with paypal, which I did.
    A couple of days later I received the following e-mail from them:

"Howard,
    It does appear we shipped you the wrong manual, and yes, this was supposed to be in a blue 4 ring binder & not a photo cpy spiral bound book. I have instructed paypal to advise you to return the manual for a full refund, if you still need the 4 ring bindered manual we advertised, please advise and that will be shipped out in place.

Kurt"

Even now that they are willing to refund the money (after I applied pressure from paypal), I still think this is a major rip-off. First of all they should definetely mention that it is a copy they're selling. Secondly, $ 169.99 would be a fairly high price for an original - for a copy it's outrageous. And after I sent the copies back to Florida, I'm left with $ 60 in shipping and paypal said thaey couldn't guarantee that I will be refunded the full price.

BEWARE...