Eataly opens at The Park | FerrariChat

Eataly opens at The Park

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by TheMayor, Dec 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  2. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    We use take the train down to Chicago just to go to the Eataly. We're thrilled one is opening here. It's like heaven for an Italian boy like me.

3. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Don't get too excited. The restaurants at the LA store are both mediocre and overpriced. The shopping looks good, but again is over priced compared to what you get at your local butcher or fish market. There was a big hype when it first opened. These days, it's a ghost town during the week.

There are so many better options for Italian in Vegas. Think of Eataly as the Pottery Barn for Italian food.

4. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    At least at the Chicago location, the restaurants were fine for a quick bite, but nothing special. The array of products available for purchase (especially the meats and cheeses) that I could not find anywhere else are why I loved going.

5. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    It sounds like a place I will at least have to try out.

6. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    We recently went to the LA location and found the pizzas to be a fantastic deal for the size, so we tried all of them. Hopefully Las Vegas will have the same pricing on those amazing pizzas.

7. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Funny, we thought the pizza was almost indelible. Different strokes I guess.

8. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Wow, first time I hear that about Eataly's pizzas. Either way, I wish I could have been part of it on the financial side. This place is going to explode in terms of numbers. Surely going to be the highest grossing Italian market in history.

9. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott

This would be me:

Ahh yes I am mister Lotaz, one share, I would like to address the board

10. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I stopped by last Friday. Interesting place. Unusual casual layout with sort of like "pods" of different themes of food. Can't comment on the food but the place was packed. Good variety of choices of types of Italian food. I think tourists will love it.

11. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    We walked through with friends who were in town a couple of weeks ago. It's quite different than the one in Chicago we use to go to. The Vegas one is much more restaurant focused, where as the Chicago one is much more product focused. We didn't eat, but it smelled great. I'm sure we'll try some of the restaurants eventually, especially with its close proximity to T-Mobile.

12. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yah I wouldn't mind eating there before the Golden Knights game. Lots to pick from. Looks a bit pricey but so is everything on the strip. I get a shackburger, shackdog and vanilla shake and it's like $18!

13. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    I didn't look at any prices when we walked through, but the one in Chi wasn't crazy. Pricey for sure, but not terrible.

14. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I think a Pizza was like $12, which is "fair" for the location. I bought some pastries and they were good but not great for the money.

But then one small cup of Haggen Daas at NYNY is $6!

SIX DOLLARS.

15. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    That surprises me. I thought the pastries smelled awesome. I really like the fish restaurant at the one in Chi. I use to go there for lunch when I was in Chi for work.

16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    When it comes to Italian pastries -- because of my traveling to Italy 3 or more times a year -- I'm spoiled. :)

joker57676 likes this.
  17. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    And I am jealous.