early 84 biturbo worth anything? | FerrariChat

early 84 biturbo worth anything?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Meister, Jan 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Hi, I just found a non running 84 sport coupe. complete, was running when put into storage 20 years ago. I guess I'm curious if these are worth anything. Mostly thinking it might be worth some $ parts, I'm not crazy enough to think about restoring it. I cant find any examples for sale to gauge the value. some online valuation tools say they are worth $2k-10k

Thanks

2. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    FYI here in Europe at the huge Padova classic car show late October there were about four in amazingly preserved condition running very nicely for 10000 Euros. Of course in the US they are valued less so the car you mention should be at the lower end of your scale. Put an ad in Hemmings for parts and IF you get serious interest buy it.

MK1044 likes this.
  3. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    As a point of reference. I have a 1989 430 fuel injected 2.8 liter Biturbo that I purchased as a spare in case I needed parts for my 1989 spyder. The 430 starts and moves but the previous owner that rebuilt the engine was inexperienced and the valves rattle like a maraca. The body has enough rust on the floors where a restoration would not be advisable. The 89 spyder has been quite reliable and no parts from the 430 were needed. The late fuel injected cars are rarer in the USA and have many unique (and expensive) parts not shared with the earlier cars. This 430 would be a great parts car for someone restoring an injected Biturbo but at $2,500 I have had little interest.

This link provides you with photos and a description of the 430 so that you can compare its condition with the Biturbo you are considering:
    http://thecarnut.com/Biturbo430.html

Ivan

Nembo1777 likes this.
  4. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I can probably get the car for $500. I'm sure I could make a few buck on parts but would probably take forever. Jus thtought maybe there was a seceret following for these cars out there somewhere ;)

5. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Ah there is! https://groups.io/g/Biturbozentrum/topics

I'd suggest you clean it up well, take some photos and post it on there to see if anyone is interested. Restoring one for resale in the USA is a fool's errand. Parts are getting too expensive and their not worth very much here.

6. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    the guy has another offer for $1k. Too rich for my blood. I've got enough on my plate to try and flip this for a couple grand or take the time to part it. If I had more space might make sense.