E-Type valuation thread | Page 5 | FerrariChat

E-Type valuation thread

Discussion in 'British' started by rdefabri, Sep 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

I changed mine on the car. Did not have to drop the rear and it was very straight forth and did not take very long.

mcimino likes this.
  2. Fennicus

Fennicus Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Pekka T.
    #102 Fennicus, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi,

This is my current E-type. It's only my 2nd E-type, but the 1st one I kept for over 16 years and it was my 1st car. :)

I'm not very good with attachments or links here at fchat, so I am sorry for the possible interruption.

I'm also very bad at selling cars, so that 1966 Series 1 2+2 is the only car I have ever sold. There's four other Jaguars we have, oldest being a MKV DHC and somehow I never considered too many other cars. I just barely missed an Aston DB4 LHD project years ago and did test drive an RHD DB6 in England. I have seriously considered a Lamborghini Islero (my wife told me an Espada was a no-go) and several Maseratis, like a Ghibli although my fav one is Khamsin, and obviously many Ferraris over the years that I did not buy. Maybe because I'm cheap. :D

And so was the 456 GT I bought.

Cheers,

Pekka T.
    Fin.

PS. BTW this car sold new in Belgium, #1S20183 is unrestored. Only 20 OTS's sold new in Belgium and IIRC 33 in France and 68 in Germany which was the biggest continental market. (USA 5444 LHD OTS's plus Canada 371 and hundreds of PED's) It was resprayed in Germany in 2006 in original tone, but the hood (top) and interior were untouched.

Photo credit: StadiShark
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Beautiful car… looks very nice in classic white!

4. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    #104 mcimino, Oct 6, 2015
    Really, that must take some nimble hands? Now that I have the lift I'd like to drop it and give everything a good overhaul…. I've had this car over 20 years…it's all matching and I pretty much brought it back from the dead when I purchased it. I've kept it running pretty good on my own since I bought it using it on a regular basis and enjoying shalom events and road rallies. It's now to the point where there's a bit of oil leaking from rope seal, the suspension needs to be done and I need to rebuild the steering column. For me, these are the fun things I want to do myself in retirement, but thats a few years away.

5. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    On my previous e
    I changed 4 rear shocks while on jack stands
    That was easy
    The B I T C H were the springs
    Serious compression and nimble antics

mcimino likes this.
  6. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    #106 mcimino, Oct 6, 2015
  7. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    Yes sir,it certainly is..and the bumperetts are such an improvement over the US version,no disparagement intended to the US type,these are just better.
    ...super tag,too...
    Cheers,
    RE

8. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael

E-Type Rear Shock removal ? - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

mcimino likes this.
  9. malex

malex Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2007
    FL
    Thanks gents. That's really a bit more than I would've expected, probably by ~$10-$15k.

Agreed that if I want to maximize value, I should just bolt everything back on and in and get the car running smoothly. It's just that in its current state, it's ready to be stripped and repainted to the original color - whether I do it or the next owner does.

10. riozilla

riozilla Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Just picked up my '66 eType from a full & complete top shelf interior restoration. So perfect now! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mcimino likes this.
  11. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    That is really beautiful. Love the pic with the little boy, dreaming of "...one day". Just wonderful, congratulations!

12. ghibliman

ghibliman Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2009
    Beautiful!

Can you share the vendor that you used?

Chris

13. riozilla

riozilla Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Austin, TX

Rafael at Car Classic Interiors in LA (the Valley) did all of the interior.

14. ghibliman

ghibliman Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2009
    Thank you :)

Chris

15. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    That is some pretty red ...well well done.
    Big cheers,
    RE

16. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

the series III roaster is really, really growing on me. getting more elegant all the time.

17. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    That flat floor on Bat is spectacular.
    Gonna be fun to see what it goes for...(may oughta have a 2 as the front number,but what do I know?..)
    Cheers,
    RE

18. riozilla

riozilla Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Austin, TX
    It is spectacular. Definitely will and should have a 2 in front of it. Maybe even a 3.

19. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    Yep,gonna wow some..but I like your interior more(the console is nicer) and I'm liking fhc more these days too..is that sacrilege?..but clearly the market speaks otc.
    Cheers,
    RE

20. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Best British car ever made. Pretty big statement considering RR, Bentley and Aston Martin are competitors. Great looking cars, but I'm not in that camp, even after 14 years with a perfect example series 1 ots.

21. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
  22. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    Hello everyone. I am a long time owner of aircooled Porsches and older Ferraris. i have always longed for the most beautiful car ever made as per Enzo Ferrari but never pulled the trigger on one. Now that the world is coming to an end, I have decided to buy one but need someone's knowledge and expertise. Can anyone recommend someone I could get some assistance from? Thank you in advance for your help.

23. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    lots of badly restored E’s out there. tread lightly, be patient.
    if you can, buy a fully restored car done by the top E type restoration shops.

24. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    Thank u for your response. I have found a one owner series 2 convertible. It has an older restoration. Not sure what its worth.